Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

A big flaming stink posted:

yeah uh, bad news about that "indefinitely" part

https://twitter.com/Mediaite/status/1466106721835835400

considering how toobin got treated, i have pretty low expectations in regards to this :smith:
Of course he will be back far faster than Toobin: just look at all the blue check marks who went "i would do the same to protect family", totally ignoring that what he did was mostly (ab)using his position to find material to discredit his brother's accusers.

He would be far less likely to come back if he had refused to push things like Russiagate or the Iraq War.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Shageletic posted:

Didn't they permanently can a guy for criticizing Israel

Of course, they did. He did a speech at the UN and called for the boycott of Israel. Was called antisemitic and fired extremely fast. Crime against the regime are dealt with really fast.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Mellow Seas posted:

It's possible, and I hope, that Stelter is just wishfully talking out of his rear end about a friend, but the Toobin precedent (and the fact that Stelter probably has insider knowledge of the situation) suggests otherwise.

If they do a real investigation and actually care about what it concludes then he's done, it's just that neither of those things is a foregone conclusion.
Yeah, see while i think we are lucky that Cuomo's post covid ambitions probably pissed enough people in the Democratic New York scene for his scandal to surface, i am far from certain people in the media will follow suit on his brother because he is one of them. But you are right, that may be wishful talking. Tons of blue marks spoke the same sadly and yes Toobin is already back. Also i remember Geraldo Rivera's speeches about cosby's wasted months when he was freed and i suspect many of them wouldn't mind adding Andrew to the "returning Cuomon" wagon.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Doloen posted:

https://twitter.com/cnnbrk/status/1467258845646962690

I'm honestly a bit surprised by this. CNN has made the worst decision so often for so long I didn't think it would happen.
Well, i am not saddened by the news that something good happened today.