Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I guess it still isn't exactly small but its hard to think of just how big Jackass was back then. Big enough to overshadow almost anything else it was paired with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I suppose one could consider this the best Jackass video game ever made. Anyways Ben Franklin's stance is just great. And I guess Bob wasn't able to schedule any recording days :v:

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I've occasionally wondered if some Mexican stereotypes are just Spanish stereotypes transported by language but this game is not giving me any new information!

As grating as I find Jackass it does at least provide a way better feeling to the chaos that Tony Hawk games provide.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Australia sure didn't get off easy, in fact it may have gotten it worse.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Tenebrais posted:

I don't really get the idea behind having your team constantly trailing in the story no matter how many stunts you pull off. Especially when you start a zombie apocalypse, recruit the vodouan lord of the dead into your team, then save the world.

But I guess Bam put a scorpion down his pants or something.

I guess when you are responsible for both starting and ending the apocalypse it sort evens out. Unless that actually is double the Awesome.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Man I get why the final level in these games is usually some kind of ultimate skate park but it always seems a bit of a step down from the city levels. It being so ramshackle here doesn't help either.

And you know speaking retroactively even though this is a skating game with Jackass in it for something with even a little Jackass there should have been goals about bailing!

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Size is definitely a factor for the THUG2 levels, or maybe not size but density? Lots of stuff to do everywhere but the stuff you actually need/want to do is spread out quite a ways. I dunno. I am curious how the older levels will compare.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

New Orleans having a fair amount of the level on top of buildings didn't help with the layout of a classic series of missions.

Jamesman posted:

The screen was moved slightly over into the corner and has a message about the school being closed because of COVID.

Wait, really?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Oh wow, as soon as I saw the "tower poppin" score I remembered the LA level. Between reverts, manuals, and transferring from the upper area to the lower to regain speed I remember being able to get huge (and completely meaningless) scores on LA. Definitely think the classic levels in classic mode fit better.

Anyways despite the occasional second hand embarrassment from the cutscenes that was a neat trip through something I never saw.

Jamesman posted:

There's a lot of little things added into the various levels to highlight the pandemic, including being able to put a mask on your skater. There's a plane that flies in Venice with a banner telling you to wear a mask, there's monitors in New York and Downtown with a PSA about it, and some other things in other levels.

Neat.