Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

its spelled trump, bitch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beached Whale
Jun 27, 2009

The world as will and idea
Powerfully stupid energy radiating from this

https://twitter.com/TeresaForNM/status/1777142490941821396

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

I am all for the supreme court justices to wait for donald trump before they retire. Another round of appointments and he will have appointed more justices than, what, washington?

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

Your career is the same as your health and your identity. :dumb:

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

Al! posted:

keep in mind there's a 6 month statute of limitations that's brutally enforced

something i found out recently is that saying you want someone to starve to death in cspam is only a sixer. its not bloodlust, just hungerlust.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

Your career is the same as your health and your identity. :dumb:

we take old people's licenses after a point
we tell people not to ride amusement park rides if they're unwell

I don't think anyone has an indefinite right to serve on the highest court in the country

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

her wise latina powers will determine the best course of action as they always have.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Sanlav posted:

listen jackflap, we're doing mandatory minimum muslim slaying in this admin.

Does someone need their jacks flapped???

MadSparkle
Aug 7, 2012

Can Bernie count on you to add to our chest's mad sparkle? Can you spare a little change for an old buccaneer?

the Hannibal Directive?

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! posted:

amazing Marcotte is still getting paid to write

that entire era of journalism was already on its last legs in 2016, who the hell is still saying they want more of it

she wrote about how she pretended to like Jackass in order to fit in and not get bullied (in college) lmao

insane clown pussy
Jun 20, 2023

FlapYoJacks posted:

Does someone need their jacks flapped???

oh great someone light up the silver alert beacon, the president got loose and he's hanging out in front of elementary schools again

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

insane clown pussy posted:

oh great someone light up the silver alert beacon, the president got loose and he's hanging out in front of elementary schools again

Look here fat.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

holy poo poo i love it (especially later in the summer)

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

ex post facho posted:

just kidding nichael i love u~ :biglips:

ex post facho came to me with tears in their eyes sayign this

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

Rubellavator posted:

her wise latina powers will determine the best course of action as they always have.

This is one of my favourite lib tendencies. "Indigenous ways of knowing and being" has command over Canadian libs you wouldn't believe.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I don't know who needs to hear this.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

we take old people's licenses after a point

Afaik the only reason we take their drivers licenses if they go blind or start having seizures which is t an old person thing necessarily

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

actually no, they dont, specifically because of the last time this happened

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
lol tru.p's going to appoint more supreme court justices than any president in history, lock in the court with full psychos forever

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Al! posted:

lol tru.p's going to appoint more supreme court justices than any president in history, lock in the court with full psychos forever

one of the funniest bits of law school is class textbooks that do a scholarly analysis of the rationale of :kav: and company

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Al! posted:

this is your fault for not donating $2,000 to Hillary in 2016

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Trabisnikof posted:

this is your fault for not donating $2,000 to Hillary in 2016

the max was $2700!

don't worry though, I know you're probably think that's not nearly enough for biden 2024. the max is now $3,300.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

if only biden hadnt chosen to commit to and then double down on a genocide, now republicans are going to run the country for the rest of our lifetimes, roll back protections, ban teaching about black history etc.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

supreme court's going to okay actual laws that ban speech that promotes racial disharmony, communism, bad morals etc. welcome back to the 50s folks

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

wise latinas work in mysterious ways

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Al! posted:

supreme court's going to okay actual laws that ban speech that promotes racial disharmony, communism, bad morals etc. welcome back to the 50s folks

I’ll bet we can get some UK style libel laws without much work

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

mágica abuela

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette
worrying about the Supreme Court is lib poo poo, op

breaking it to an absurd degree is only a good thing. it is a corrupt court filled with judges that sell the public out and the only true path forward is to abolish it

Automata 10 Pack has issued a correction as of 02:43 on Apr 9, 2024

Rectal Death Alert
Apr 2, 2021

Al! posted:

if only biden hadnt chosen to commit to and then double down on a genocide, now republicans are going to run the country for the rest of our lifetimes, roll back protections, ban teaching about black history etc.

I think we can all agree that nothing is more important than Israel's lust for murder. If they want to go on a year long killing spree butchering tens of thousands of innocent people because of a terrorist attack they provoked countless times then we should give them guns for the killing and protect them until they kill themselves out.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

I was gonna shitpost about how "the supreme court hasnt been legitimate since Dred Scott" but, let's be honest here :

it was never legitimate

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

hmm yes, just let me see which party is closer to pulling off constitutional convention shenanigans

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Lord of Pie posted:

hmm yes, just let me see which party is closer to pulling off constitutional convention shenanigans

For the longest time I always figured the constitutional convention thing was empty rhetoric because there’s no way they’d actually upset the apple cart that badly and just let poo poo go absolutely nuts like that

But I think we’re to the point that they’d really do it

Kind of amazing really, who the gently caress knows what the hell the other side of that looks like

I’m down I guess, don’t got anything better to do

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Excelzior posted:

I was gonna shitpost about how "the supreme court hasnt been legitimate since Dred Scott" but, let's be honest here :

it was never legitimate
exactly. it is an illegitimate system that only serves to give a very few people the opportunity to sell out the public time and time again. it needs to be made a mockery and it is only a good thing if Americans think that the only way we can make even a modicum of progress is to abolish it.

so much of the poo poo we’re in is from Obama’s loving court, ffs.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Automata 10 Pack posted:

worrying about the Supreme Court is lib poo poo, op

breaking it to an absurd degree is only a good thing. it is a corrupt court filled with judges that sell the public out and the only true path forward is to abolish it

I pretty much agree because 5-4 and 9-0 make no functional difference, and the "good" (lol) Justices routinely say things like child slavery are fine. Make it a complete mockery, and destroy the notion that "scholarly jurisprudence" means anything. It's healthier in the long run.

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Nichael posted:

I pretty much agree because 5-4 and 9-0 make no functional difference, and the "good" (lol) Justices routinely say things like child slavery are fine. Make it a complete mockery, and destroy the notion that "scholarly jurisprudence" means anything. It's healthier in the long run.
:yeah:

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

HashtagGirlboss posted:

For the longest time I always figured the constitutional convention thing was empty rhetoric because there’s no way they’d actually upset the apple cart that badly and just let poo poo go absolutely nuts like that

But I think we’re to the point that they’d really do it

Kind of amazing really, who the gently caress knows what the hell the other side of that looks like

I’m down I guess, don’t got anything better to do

i'm gonna constitute convention to make an amendment decreeing myself cutest boy in delaware

whatcha gonna do about it? triggered???

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/GermanyDiplo/status/1777413785155723440

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

consti:toot:

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Automata 10 Pack posted:

it is an illegitimate system that only serves to give a very few people the opportunity to sell out the public time and time again.

Funny how that ends up being the case for all the major institutions of this country...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

I bet as a thought experiment if you described the Supreme Court to people using Muslim terms instead of English terms they’d recoil in horror, even if you didn’t change a single fact, just swap out judge for qadi and poo poo