Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

omg this sounds horrible, lol.

quote:

“This is an extraordinary occasion because three presidents have come to New York — and not one of them is here to appear in court,” Colbert jested, referring to Trump’s numerous Manhattan court appearances since last April.

The evening’s programming began with House Minority Leader Hakeem Jeffries (D-NY), who introduced Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-NY) to the crowd of Democrats.

“We are here to do two things,” Schumer said, noting that the first objective is to ensure that the “chaotic, dishonest, mendacious, ineffective regime of Donald Trump” doesn’t return, and the second goal is electing Biden to a second term.

In his remarks, Schumer, 73, touted the president’s record on the environment, marriage equality and confirming “190 progressive judges.”

After a musical number by Grammy Award-winning artist Lizzo, and a bit with fashion designer Michael Kors, the night’s host, actress Mindy Kaling, took the stage and poked fun at the well-heeled donors in attendance.

“This is such a big night,” Kaling said. “It is such an honor to be in this room with so many rich people.”

“People are paying up to $500,000 to be here tonight,” she added. “For that kind of money at an RNC fundraiser, you get to be Secretary of State.”

The fundraiser was organized by Biden campaign co-chairman and Hollywood mogul Jeffrey Katzenberg and Vogue editor-in-chief Anna Wintour.

“The numbers don’t lie: today’s event is a massive show of force and a true reflection of the momentum to reelect the Biden-Harris ticket,” Katzenberg said in a statement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

can we not? lets save democracy first.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

it's kinda good that the ruling class can't even go to their pat on the back events anymore without getting called out as murderers but I feel like this ends badly for the common class

but it always ends badly for us

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
lets go joe! finish the job!

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

tie me to a missile

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

RadiRoot posted:

tie me to a missile

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Zerg Mans posted:

Libs denying biden rapes = leftist denying hamas rapes

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

chain

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"
https://twitter.com/nanditab1/status/1773522720828817656

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

blue squares posted:

what color footage?

al jazeera or w/e had footage of 4 civilians individually running across the same stretch of street and being blown away by individual targeted rocket strikes. honestly recommend you don't watch it as, even censored, it was brutal even for me who grew up on the early internet lol

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

we’re restoring sanity

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Oh, could only afford the cheap seats huh? :smug:

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

they are so out of touch with the commoners.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

I’ve always thought bush jr was the worst president of my lifetime but I’m coming around to the idea it was Obama. what a waste.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

RadiRoot posted:

tie me to a missile

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

post hole digger posted:

I’ve always thought bush jr was the worst president of my lifetime but I’m coming around to the idea it was Obama. what a waste.

Obama killed hope. He didn’t just kill it. He made it a punchline

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"
I'd still say Bush Jr.'s worse.

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

I don’t even know what to say that wouldn’t get me banned so I guess I’ll type

lmao

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Obama killed hope. He didn’t just kill it. He made it a punchline

Then he salted the earth, laid down landmines, and is still lurking around its grave with a sniper rifle to take out anyone who tries to resurrect it.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/willmenaker/status/1773545304463196579

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

There's a hell for the people that never knew better
and it's a biblical hell

and then there's another hell for the people that did know better, like Obama
a hell for people that pretended to try and then sold out the species the moment things got difficult
it is a hell of their own making, and it's worse than the other hell could ever hope to be

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

post hole digger posted:

I dunno, I feel like overall death toll should count for something...

Obama was certainly the biggest disappointment/waste of potential though.

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

loving gross

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

There's a hell for the people that never knew better
and it's a biblical hell

and then there's another hell for the people that did know better, like Obama
a hell for people that pretended to try and then sold out the species the moment things got difficult
it is a hell of their own making, and it's worse than the other hell could ever hope to be
Obama thinks he was an awesome president.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

mcmagic posted:

Obama thinks he was an awesome president.

I think it’s very humorous that his presidential library will be a giant slick building full of style and devoid of any actual documents or other things you might expect in a library

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo

Clip-On Fedora posted:

Then he salted the earth, laid down landmines, and is still lurking around its grave with a sniper rifle to take out anyone who tries to resurrect it.

Bush did his too. For example, whipped up votes for Trump's SCOTUS nominees, including Kavanaugh after all that rapey poo poo came out.

His showhorsing isn't as annoying as Obama's. But considering both his presidency and post-presidency, he was worse than Trump and Obama.

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021

Strangelet Wave posted:

that’s heritability, it’s the degree of correlation between your traits and your immediate ancestors’ traits. career is highly heritable, but it’s not genetic

by contrast the number of fingers on your right hand is highly genetic, but not very heritable

a correlation coefficient of 1 is pretty strong correlation

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Egg Moron posted:

How in the gently caress is bill clinton still invited to poo poo like this?

Don't the Clintons still control all the DNC’s funds or something like that?

Strangelet Wave
Nov 6, 2004

Surely you're joking!

Majorian posted:

I dunno, I feel like overall death toll should count for something...

Obama was certainly the biggest disappointment/waste of potential though.

immediate death toll + actual factual stolen election are together definitive, imo

but there’s something to be said about the people who strenuously insist that their guys are actually just the second-worst guys possible, and no worse, and you’re welcome

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

I'm not sure of Obama never considering he could have done anything wrong or Bush probably realizing it and not giving a poo poo is worse

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Echo Chamber posted:

Bush did his too. For example, whipped up votes for Trump's SCOTUS nominees, including Kavanaugh after all that rapey poo poo came out.

His showhorsing isn't as annoying as Obama's. But considering both his presidency and post-presidency, he was worse than Trump and Obama.

They’re both demons who cares

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Clip-On Fedora posted:

Don't the Clintons still control all the DNC’s funds or something like that?

Yeah, and they’re still enormously popular among the people that actually matter, the ones who will pay money for this kind of thing

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

she’s so loving fat she’s emitting hawking radiation

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp

Clip-On Fedora posted:

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

I mean sure we’re bombing starving kids but lets showcase a woman who must eat 4000 calories a day to maintain that physique

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

Scarabrae posted:

she’s so loving fat she’s emitting hawking radiation

Oh, OH! Thank you for reminding me - someone a while back had asked what the best episodes of lemonparty are, and I was struggling to remember. Now I remember, they had a good couple of episodes on Lizzo being a monster to her crew!

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

now listen, uhhh uh uh we tortured some folks.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

man this whole dog and pony show is meant to just rub it in isnt it

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
we see you, we hear you, we couldnt give less of a gently caress and we want you to know it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost
I don't even know who lizzo is