Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
gently caress you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Neera Tandem eating poo poo has made my day

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Eggplant Squire posted:

Nothing good ever happens so I'm assuming she'll get in somehow probably with the help of Sanders or something.

I'm banking on Sinema continuing to copy Manchin and killing Neera's nomination off once and for all. Bernie will likely stay quiet.

Neera will blame Bernie on Twitter once it's all over.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

SuperKlaus posted:

Sorry I know Neera's a poo poo but I don't know why beyond bad tweeting. Could someone please throw out a TLDR of her ghoulish past.

Her career was laundering corporate and foreign money under a "progressive" front to push neolib policies. She was paid $400k/yr to do this and has been consistently hostile to actual progressives

Oh also she's basically Hillary Clinton's pet.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

She has absolutely no loving idea what she's talking about, lmao. Biden is just going to pick another awful person. But we can still enjoy a good laugh at Neera.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

mcmagic posted:

Is Neera KHive?

She's a Hillary acolyte so there is a whole lot of overlap.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Are the Team Blue Dems ready to primary Manchin now? Lmao

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Reality Protester posted:

it was point out in another iteration of this thread that Neera had like 1.5 times the number of tweets as trump did over a similar timeframe. incredible posting energy and every single post sucked.

999,999,999 Managers Spoken To

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

mistermojo posted:

Neera getting owned and having to sweat it out is good. Though she might be loving the attention

She's 100% throwing a fit right now. She's been waiting for this job since 2015 or earlier.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

loquacius posted:

no, that was Lis Smith, the Pete acolyte who was basically female Pete aka Ivy-League careerist whose only gripe with the system is that she wants to jump the line

She's even scarier than Pete himself if I'm being honest about it. Genuine throat-cutting amoral ladder climber.

Vox Nihili has issued a correction as of 04:47 on Feb 20, 2021

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Raccooon posted:

Honestly what the gently caress is up with Tanden supporters. At worst she is just not gonna be in the WH admin but still have cushy think tank jobs. Why the gently caress would you give a poo poo which high paying job she is gonna get.

I can’t even put myself in the shoes of the type of person that would get angry about this.

It's 90% people emotionally attached to the success of Hillary Clinton and Kamala Harris. They're well past saving at this point.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

They also cut an incredibly lovely and pointless ad for Biden during the election.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
https://twitter.com/alizaslav/status/1364299369999175688

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Dixon Chisholm posted:

what the gently caress is a trotskyist???

is it just someone you hate?

Trotskyism is when you sequence break Marxism by running into a wall until your character's speed builds up incredibly high and you glitch through a closed door, skipping the entire late-stage capitalism level and going straight to full communism.

Unfortunately this little trick also fucks up your save file.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Majorian posted:

Imagine fishmech but a leftist.

Chafeeist-Leninist thought?

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Tzen posted:

lol these numbers own
surprised biden is that high though

Honeymoon period, happens with every new prez

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

spacemang_spliff posted:

how did sicknick ultimately die?

The investigation is still open I believe

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

loquacius posted:

https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/status/1365046928753500160

honestly Nate might have a point

the number one worst possible lesson they could have taken from the Trump admin is "keep people whining about whatever culture-war bullshit will distract them from actually asking for money"

I see the face-saving maneuvers over Neera's failed nomination are starting in earnest now.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
We uh, meant to lose this one. In order to win elsewhere. I could explain but you wouldn't understand. The whole thing is frankly very embarrassing for our opponents.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

WorkerThread posted:

bee = khive
socks = ???
globe = pedophile
cookie = ???
neera stan = pathetic, miserable creature

e: with a Zoom icon for some reason

Socks = social democrats. People with the socks icon range from actual (boring) soc Dems to this sort of freak

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Cool thanks now I'm going to be angry all night

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Sighing as I mouse over to my browser to ask Google who precisely we are killing now

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

I expect Cuomo to get thrown under the bus bc he has definitely done a lot of sex assault and this is the tip of the tip of the iceberg.

Lol he'll probably be president by 2029

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Bootleg Trunks posted:

Biden will now nominate Rahm Emmanuel

He's probably going to nominate Shalanda, who was going to get the Deputy role.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Organ Fiend posted:

Bullshit.

Manchin killed this nomination. Did Bernie ever come out and say he wasnt voting for her?

Here's what Bernie said maybe an hour or so before the nomination was yanked:

https://twitter.com/AndrewSolender/status/1366893991262846978

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

mcmagic posted:

https://twitter.com/davidsirota/status/1366912841270222848

The fact that Biden thinks that there is a constituency that cares about what job Neera gets is why his presidency is going to be a failure.

Yeah they're called donors

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

mcmagic posted:

Donors don't care if this one idiot gets a job or not lol

The donors in question do because they've specifically been giving CAP millions of dollars to get on her good side

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

mcmagic posted:

They aren't trying to get on HER good side, they are trying to get on whatever parton she had at the time's good side be it the Clinton's or Obama or some other DNC ghoul. She's just a staffer. If she had her own constituency she would have run for something.

Lmao she's not just a staffer. She runs CAP, which has significant influence on the democratic party and is essentially a tool for laundering corporate donations into policy goals. She personally helped draft the affordable care act under Obama. She's extremely close with Hillary Clinton and has been for decades--she was Hillary's legislative director. She was also, until a couple hours ago, going to be in charge of the White House budget, which is a pretty big deal. You have no idea what you're talking about.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

mcmagic posted:

She has never made policy. She worked for people like Hillary Clinton and did what they told her to, even as the head of CAP. The reason she's on every different sides of every issue is not because she changes her mind, it's because she is working for someone different. Even working for Biden, she was going to do what Biden wanted, not make any policy herself just like whoever replaces her.

The idea that Biden is making policy decisions and issuing orders on every single matter rather than being told what to do by his multitude of "experts" is also nonsense. The people who surround the President matter just as much as the President, especially when the President is a feeble-minded old fool. Getting Neera that role was valuable to a lot of people.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

He's so loving stupid. Trump campaigned in those communities and offered them stuff. They wrote people loving checks. Democrats didn't even campaign in person.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

she already pulls down $400k as president of CAP, these freaks defending her would have us think she'll need to go live under a bridge now

p sure OMB director would've been a significant paycut too

She's also still going to grt whatever happens to be the most prestigious job available with Biden that doesn't require a Senate confirmation.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Breakfast All Day posted:

very glad this guy has a blue check so i know he is in fact THE robert caruso. now if i could just figure out who the gently caress that is

It's this guy:
https://theconcourse.deadspin.com/did-robert-caruso-con-the-washington-press-or-is-that-w-1788510128

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Yeah the guy with a lengthy record of violating restraining orders and threatening people is probably just having some fun

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Atrocious Joe posted:

"the Palestinian Situation"

Next up on "Gaza Shores"

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Holy gently caress I want blood

https://twitter.com/WalkerBragman/status/1367914925696442378

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

gotta agree with this, i mean gently caress even mark kelly voted for $15

https://twitter.com/gabrielwinant/status/1367930449578909698

but (lol)..................

https://twitter.com/JoeBiden/status/1303056694360944640

This vote is probably the best litmus test we're going to get for some time. Only the most useless loving assholes voted against the amendment.

You can tell it's a good one because both of the Delaware fuckos gave us a mask off no vote.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Doing lovely dril tweets on your main account when every single lib is standing by with knives at the ready is generally a "bad call"

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Some Guy TT posted:

i dont think were talking enough about that weird schoolgirl uniform sinema is wearing

does the senate like not have an actual dress code or something why does everyone else just wear normal suits

She 100% dresses like this to provoke comments about her attire so she can notch girlboss wins. I'm not joking. I absolutely refuse to talk about the stupid poo poo she wears.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Sinema also tapped McConnell on the back and made sure he was watching before she went to cast her vote. Really bizarre all around. I assume it's the kind of behavior only extremely ambitious people believe is "normal."