Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Jabberlock posted:

That they are mortal and will die like the rest of us

I dunno, have you seen some of those ghouls?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Flavius Aetass posted:

I like how the local and county democratic leadership isn't made up of rich old conservative fucks, unlike the republican party

wait, hold on, i'm getting some new information...

Yeah, who could imagine the nominal leadership of a group being totally out of touch with the group they claim to represent but actually just act for an outside group that opposes their interests.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Mods do not believe in the free marketplace of posting.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
In this thread we participate in the posting market.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

loquacius posted:

I'm just posting succ here

The succ's gotta go SOMEwhere and if there's not a zone to put it in I'll put it in another zone

Threads exist in a maketplace and compete for posts.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Some threads specialize in emptyquotes, to serve the market for emptyquoters.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Some threads rely on rentseeking. Those threads depend on interference to ensure that no competitors spring up and they can have a monopoly on posts.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Ostiosis posted:

They just wanted access to witnesses

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Nicheal go get your dad.

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1360711852016209923?s=19

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
https://twitter.com/USATODAY/status/1360715132943405059?s=19

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Taintrunner posted:

oh I thought this was an old quote

no this is from today

what the gently caress

Biden said the exact same thing last year while campaigning.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Twitter is full of takes like this getting thousands of likes.

https://twitter.com/ron_fournier/status/1360716874208706560?s=19

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Free taintrunner

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

the 2016 lover posted:

Extra! Extra! Read all about it! First Lady Jill Biden Wore a Scrunchie While Shopping and People Felt So Seen

It works.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

is there anything neoliberals turn into other than fascists?

Nope. There's more hope for libertarians because they accept something is wrong but are niave about how to fix it. Neoliberals think everything is cool and good and there are no systemic problems only personal ones.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
I'm not saying Libertarians are good I'm saying there is a much more clear libertarian to leftist path than there is neoliberal to leftist path.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Judakel posted:

What can they cut through reconciliation rhat isn't medicare? Dept of homeland security budget? DoD budget?

Norms aren't real. They can do whatever the gently caress they want if 50 senators will vote for it and Harris shows up to break the tie.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Still just a huge self own that the democrats didn't call witnesses and drag out every detail of January 6th on the record because they wanted to go home for Valentine's day.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

loquacius posted:

selling exactly five pieces of clothing is, like, a normal day's work for an etsy person

I want the NYT to write a front-page article breathlessly praising me for finally fixing my unit-testing issue and then sitting through a bunch of video-chat meetings while shitposting on monitor #2

Yeah but this is just step one on the Chelsea Clinton/Meghan McCain/General Failchild of the Aristocracy evolution. This gig gives them the "experience" for the next one and that gives them the one after and by the time they're 30 they're on the boards of a bunch of non profis and then its self sustaining because look at how accomplished and philanthropic they are! Probably have a couple best selling ghost written books that were bought in bulk by their foundation too!

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Gods_Butthole posted:

This dumb rear end in a top hat thinks lefties like Putin.

If you can't view politics except as a team sport then you can't internalize any ideas that conflict with that. Like thinking the whole 'Putin is Trump's handler and the Russians made Trump win' is deranged but also thinking Putin is bad and Russia isn't anything to aspire to is just not something that these people can wrap thier head around.

Thoguh has issued a correction as of 16:54 on Feb 19, 2021

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Vox Nihili posted:

They also cut an incredibly lovely and pointless ad for Biden during the election.

While I don't agree with something like that, there at least is a defensible position for them to say 'Wr don't like Biden but we are Dems so we gotta suck it up and support the presidential nominee' but there is absolutely no reason for them to defend Neera. None at all. This sucks rear end.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Eggplant Squire posted:

Which ones are the Justice Dems? I can't keep track of the different factions of the Democrats that all claim to be the leftist internal alternative to the establishment but always end up pushing the establishment in order to build up their spirit meter for the real fight that never happens.

They are basically the Squad and people running to join the Squad in the house.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

a few DRUNK BONERS posted:

it doesn't matter because cspam is purely about aesthetics and does not care about the shitlord that will be nominated in her place

No one Biden nominates for that post is gonna be worse than Neera. Her entire job in that role would be to spite anything Bernie tries to do.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
https://twitter.com/DeItaone/status/1365003874961154055?s=19

Do it.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

papa horny michael posted:

Marjorie Taylor Greene is being puffed up by the media and dems in power. she has little to no power except what they give her, by constantly discussing her nonsense. Dem's refuse to take any of several measures which would actually curtail her career.

This is very necessary as Biden's picks and policies have been lackluster, to actively terrible.

She's gonna be the 2024 nominee' if Trump doesn't run.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Eggplant Squire posted:

I can't quite figure out by those people's ultra naive tweets if they are intentionally trying to be sneaky and push right wing politicians under the guise of pragmatic leftism or just totally kitten brained.

Being completely credulous and approaching every single situation in a complete vacuum, devoid of any context or history, is a central premise of centrism.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Neera was deeply conservative when it came to anything having to do with what the OMB do we so this isn't even true.

Thoguh has issued a correction as of 03:00 on Mar 3, 2021

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

my bony fealty posted:

https://twitter.com/JesseCharlesLee/status/1366946840839618567

these absolute psychos

they are far more removed from reality than qanon people

And there are so god drat many of them.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Reality Protester posted:

imagine seeing Aoc's actions since the election and still wearing an aoc sweater lmao

what in gods name kind of honey pot is this
https://mobile.twitter.com/neekolul/status/1366150782291181568

I followed her on instagram for a couple of weeks after the Okay Boomer thing and it's just a standard twitch streamer/gamer girl thing, which is why I unfollowed her after those couple of weeks.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

spacemang_spliff posted:

Isn't the VP asian american

Yes, but this specific job, which 99.99% of people couldn't even tell you what it is, hasn't had a female left handed asian american in the post. And as we all know there are millions of little girls out there that wants a OMB director to look up to.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

gradenko_2000 posted:

any child who actively aspires to be OMB director, as a child, is a total psycho

Little Pete Buttigiegs.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
We aren't post Neera, she's gonna end up in charge of the white house campaign to install a puppet in Venezuala or something.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I knew the media was addicted to Trump but I didn't predict they'd be basically made to go cold turkey this hard

They're probably as mad as he is that he's been deplatformed. hosed up their whole business model.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
https://twitter.com/DeItaone/status/1367134712964251648

just a big lol at this point.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
https://twitter.com/ericawerner/status/1367134476472565762

They're basically just making it a hard cap at this point with how quick those phaseouts are. Millions of people are gonna get money under Trump but not money under Biden and it's exactly the Panera people that Dems are trying to make their new base.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

DoomTrainPhD posted:

Honestly, this sounds like the compromise that everyone was saying would be okay? The old phase-out was based on $1200 for adults and $600 for dependents and this is a straight $1400 for everyone so that needed to be changed in someway.

Everyone that got a full check the last time is likely to get a full check this time.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Marx Headroom posted:

at least when trumo accidentally won his stable of hanger-ons actually used his power to effect policy

Republicans fall in line because republican politicians produce results for their voters so even if you don't like a candidate personally you know they're gonna give you what you want.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Are they still basing eligibility on 2019 tax returns, or are they adding an option for using 2020 income? That was always the dumbest part. Phase it out for rich people, sure, that's dumb, but whatever. But basing it on pre-pandemic income is inexcusable.

They were already phased out for rich people but with each round of checks the means testing has gotten stricter and you're implicitly accepting their "we can't give money to anyone who doesn't deserve it" framing there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

mcmagic posted:

These shitbrains think that someone making 81k is rich lol

It's double funny because one of the groups most greatly impacted by this change are PMCs, which are exactly the people democrats wish were their base.