Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

spacemang_spliff posted:

What would one serve at a democrat party?

Jeni's ice cream for sure but what else

a nice fresh Cheese Pizza

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

WE is powerful
We is strong. We is where I meets you and us meets them and change happens. We means togetherness, unity, peace and good will. We will never be alone. We is selfless, because there is no self in we.

We is community and family. We is belonging. We is no one place or thing or idea. We is an ideal. We is the promise of better days and brighter futures and the opportunity to finally be ourselves because together, we are one. Welcome to We.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

We The Pizza also has 2 different specialty Cheese Pizzas for those keeping count at home.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Crazypoops posted:

Please gentlemen post only the Democrats being extremely good there will be a mod inspection coming soon

How can the Democrats be anything but good when the Republicans are so bad??? It’s basic math.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Crazypoops posted:

It is very good that Biden sniffs women's hair like an untrained dog and rubs his hands all over them in public view humiliating them

It was pretty funny when Joe Biden licked his wife’s fingers while she was trying to give a speech. Such a joker that guy.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Breakfast All Day posted:

https://twitter.com/POTUS/status/1358967693366468609

i really appreciate how compassionate he is here, in noting that suicides are up, then being very careful to say "things are getting better" and not talking about the 4,000 people that are dying a day from covid. its a very nuanced and tender way to care for our mental health. i cant believe he managed to record this speech in only 19 days! lincoln went his whole term without recording a speech

Seriously! Like how come no one is pointing out that Biden has done more televised interviews than George Washington and Abraham Motherfucking Lincoln put together! Why aren’t we talking more about how much work Biden is doing??? It’s criminal behavior from the media I tell you. Criminal.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Judakel posted:

GIVE ME MY loving MONEY

Hello they already gave you $600!

Now say thank you to the voters of Georgia for making that possible!

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

when you think about it, the people who would say "PRESIDENT Al Gore" were actually rather avant-garde

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

how was everyone's brunch? i had oatmeal and a taco, so zany.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

that's sweet. i was waffling on if the obamas should just relax and take a well earned break or if we deserve the amazeballs content they will create and let me tell you i did mochi this coming! im hella mega hyped yall

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

listen, who hasn't announced the name of a sexual harassment victim at an all staff meeting before?? seriously like its something like all of my friends have done at least once. it happens. people make mistakes!

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Flavius Aetass posted:

god she's even more awful than I thought. what a ghoul

Ya but consider that the Republicans are worse so she’s actually good.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Listen if the Bernie Bros aren't happy with a leftist like Neera Tanden getting a seat in the Biden admin, like idk if it is possible for them to be more obviously sexist.

maybe tweet snake emojis at her?

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Wow I’m so glad we’ve already gotten $10,000 per person in Covid relief!!!

https://twitter.com/PoliticsReid/status/1359876906171121667?s=20

And yet those Bros are still complaining about a measly $600!!

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

it makes sense that in our growing and ever powerful union of free people that really the only thread we need is one about how our wise and pragmatic Democratic Party is doing good things. like you'd have to be a chud to be mad at them. no need to discuss trifles like how we're sad that we our pony (m4a) and pot of free gold (gnd). like we're all adults here aren't we?

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

gently caress he fell again? i hope hes ok. impressive he's still out there jogging at his age

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Taintrunner posted:

also isnt there a mask mandate for federal property???? tsk tsk

would you please stop spreading this right wing talking point??

you need to think long and hard about the reason why only russia-controlled or right-wing conspiracy sites are peddling this attack???

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

thank goodness for our brave twitter warriors who are doing what the media refuses to do, speak truth to power:

https://twitter.com/joemcginnissjr/status/1360307912850210817?s=20

https://twitter.com/AlexanderLouis6/status/1360308116353470467?s=20

https://twitter.com/QueenLouiese/status/1360307965346148358?s=20

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

This whole article from before Ducklo was outed is fascinating, from working for Matalin/Carville and the MPAA to Symone Sanders using him working long hours during terminal cancer as rallying cry for the Biden campaign.

https://www.washingtonian.com/2020/10/16/tj-ducklo-32-joe-bidens-press-secretary-and-he-has-stage-4-cancer/

quote:

Ducklo is the national press secretary and a top spokesperson for Joe Biden. If Biden becomes the 46th President, there’s a decent chance Ducklo will figure in the White House press shop, occupying one of the most powerful perches in Washington. Thirty-two years old and trim, he wears tortoiseshell glasses and is partial to blazers with dress shirts, no tie. If you ran into him at happy hour, he’d blend right into the sea of young media operatives populating the city, a disciplined press aide who aims never to become the story himself. But for one significant difference: A month before the Iowa debate, Ducklo was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer. By the time doctors discovered it, the disease had spread to his liver, his gallbladder, and his bones.
Biden-Harris is Ducklo’s first campaign. In undergrad at George Washington University, he worked as a personal assistant to Mary Matalin and James Carville. After school, he flacked for a series of media companies, including NBC News. When the campaign was staffing up last year, Bedingfield, an alum of Biden’s VP office who had previously overseen Ducklo in the communications office at the Motion Picture Association, thought his relentlessness would be an asset. Running press has always been one of the more grueling roles in a presidential race, but in the age of Trump—and Twitter attacks at all hours—a skilled press secretary has to be on at all times. Ducklo is up before Morning Joe and still up after Brian Williams finishes his show. “He’s the person on our Signal chains at 12:15 at night, saying, ‘I just saw so-and-so say this on CNN,’ ” says Bedingfield. “ ‘Should we think about how we respond?’ ”

Among reporters, Ducklo is considered an assertive defender of his boss as well as an honest broker. He’ll do what he can to spin a story in Biden’s direction, but he won’t feed you complete BS. While he isn’t a hotheaded screamer, he’s aggressive at arguing his points—as Politico’s Marc Caputo puts it, he’s “certainly not shy about telling you that he thinks your story is poo poo.”
Ducklo’s timing was either terrible or maybe the very plucked-from-a-Sorkin-plot development that the campaign needed. In the days after the loss, the mood at headquarters was dark. Sensing they needed a jolt, Symone Sanders marched into the office, gathered the staff, and pleaded with everyone to snap out of it. Look at Ducklo! He’d been pulling all-nighters in Iowa despite his cancer. “If TJ can get up every single day and continue to go to work and continue to give it 110 percent,” she said, “that’s the least the rest of you could do.” The room broke into applause.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Taintrunner posted:

how many dead teachers is an acceptable number for the dumbocraps

why do you hate minority kids who are getting worse educations remotely???

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Fleetwood posted:

I don't know what happened but I think Republicans have been mispronouncing Kamala's name so they gotta circle the wagons to protect aunty

its pronounced Kamala duh

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

in fact those grapes were sour the entire time

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Herstory Begins Now posted:

other than you? no i don't believe people are getting week probes over it

imo we should be yeeting people into the sun if they post horrible poo poo about reade, to answer your second question

bait.txt

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

haha see it’s funny because people can’t actually speak their mind otherwise we get collectively punished again, such a lovely laugh

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Flavius Aetass posted:

I still don't understand why he had so much black support in the primaries, but I guess most people see things wildly different than we do.

well when the media refused to touch Biden’s history of racism and his history of lies about the civil rights movements it’s not too shocking

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Flavius Aetass posted:

kamala of all people called him out pretty solidly and publicly at the time for his bussing poo poo. it's not like people didn't know

But that was “just a debate” and the people look towards the media to figure out what’s a real deal and what’s just malarkey. And the media decided that actually opposing desegregation isn’t racist or even worth mentioning.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Atrocious Joe posted:

shocked that people need to be told who Ron Fournier is

ive actually read it and its the classic centrist/lib thing of recognizing a real issue (decline of community & increase in alienation) and embracing the most backwards and wrong way to deal with it (lets fill politics chotchkies that provide a simulacrum of community) and in that way, it owns.

like that book and the brains behind it is a big part of why dem politicians run political campaigns like they're decorating, well, an applebees.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

frankenfreak posted:

It was "embed Ducklo or Bates" and Bates can still be embedded. So don't worry, the Dems are still good, strong, united, courageous, and compassionate!

Bates is a master at politics

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

https://twitter.com/AndrewBatesNC/status/891044739033821185?s=20

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

https://twitter.com/AndrewBatesNC/status/1358963518809243650

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

this one of those “Biden is harm reduction” arguments

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

DOCTOR!

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Dr. Biden’s Instagram page, which has over 500,000 followers, is also filled with nods to gay culture.

For instance, she’s friends with Cher…

She posts fabulous throwback photos…

She hangs out with the guys from Queer Eye (from a safe distance, of course)…

And she promotes love everywhere she goes (even during spin class)…

She’s also pretty consistently on point with her fashion choices.

Oh, and let’s not forget that strategically placed rainbow sign in the background during her DNC speech last month.

Yep, it’s official. We’ve just decided.

Jill Biden is the modern day version of a gay icon that Melania Trump wishes she could be.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

lol remember when biden tripped in the bathroom and broke his foot, then lied to the press about it saying he was playing with his dog, and that lie was promoted as an example of how amazingly truthful the biden admin is

quote:

Why Joe Biden's broken foot reveals how different his White House will be from Donald Trump's
Chris Cillizza

Analysis by Chris Cillizza, CNN Editor-at-large

Updated 1:11 PM ET, Mon November 30, 2020

(CNN)Days before Thanksgiving last year, President Donald Trump made an unannounced and previously unscheduled trip to Walter Reed medical center. The White House said the trip was for a "quick exam and labs." We still don't know why he actually went -- or what the outcome of his visit was.

On Sunday, three days after Thanksgiving this year, President-elect Joe Biden slipped and hurt his foot while playing with his dog, Major. We were quickly told -- via the traveling press pool -- that Biden was going to see his orthopedist out of an abundance of caution. Within two hours, there was a statement from Dr. Kevin O'Connor noting that Biden's foot had been X-rayed and it appeared as though he had a sprain. A CT scan was going to be conducted just to confirm the diagnosis, however.

Then, 90 minutes after that, came this, again from O'Connor: "Initial x-rays did not show any obvious fracture, but his clinical exam warranted more detailed imaging. Follow-up CT scan confirmed hairline (small) fractures of President-elect Biden's lateral and intermediate cuneiform bones, which are in the mid-foot. It is anticipated that he will likely require a walking boot for several weeks."

Notice the difference?

Now, I -- and probably you -- don't know or care all that much about Joe Biden's "lateral and intermediate cuneiform bones." But that isn't really the point.

The point is this: Transparency in matters of health and, well, everything else, is fundamental to a functioning democracy. And we have had the opposite of that for these last four years.
Biden, who at 78 is the oldest person ever elected to a first term in the White House (he broke the record Trump set), released a summary of his medical records in late 2019. At the time, O'Connor wrote that Biden was "a healthy, vigorous, 77-year-old male, who is fit to successfully execute the duties of the Presidency."

(Worth noting: Biden occasionally bristled when questioned about his health on the campaign trail; "If you want to check my shape, let's do push-ups together man," Biden told a man in Iowa in the fall of 2019. "Let's run, let's do whatever you want to do. Let's take an IQ test.")

The transparency coming from Biden's transition team about hairline fractures in the President-elect's foot suggests that the effort by the Trump White House to actively obfuscate when asked basic questions about the President's health is over.

It's a good start. But only a start. Let's see if the President-elect and his team can stay committed to full transparency about his health in the coming years.

quote:

Joe Biden says he broke foot tripping after shower when he pulled dog’s tail

By Steven Nelson

December 3, 2020

President-elect Joe Biden on Thursday revealed that he broke his foot tripping on a rug after a shower as he chased one of his dogs and grabbed its tail.

Biden’s campaign previously explained the hairline fracture by saying Biden fell while playing with the dog, but did not mention the shower or tugging the animal’s tail.

The injury requires Biden, who turned 78 last month, to wear a boot for weeks.

“What happened was I got out of the shower. I got a dog and anybody who’s been around my house knows — dropped, little pup dropped a ball in front of me. And for me to grab the ball,” Biden told CNN journalist Jake Tapper in his first post-election joint interview with Vice President-elect Kamala Harris.

“And I’m walking through this little alleyway to get to the bedroom. And I grabbed the ball like this and he ran. And I’m joking, running after him and grab his tail. And what happened was that he slid on a throw rug. And I tripped on the rug he slid on. That’s what happened. Oh man, not a very exciting story.”

(with bonus Biden apologizing for speaking, my new favorite bidenism)

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Cerebral Bore posted:

no, the gop is trump.

there are all kinds of plausible explanations for this thing, except for the glaringly obvious one which has to be false. i am very smart.

isnt the witnesses changing their stories even worse?

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

again, i love the implication that our "intelligence community" is sharing secrets with famous people in hollywood but refusing to share it with the press. the wapo or nyt would go ape poo poo for the chance to freak out more over that poo poo. But nope, we've got to leak it to hollywood first!

and also that those same famous people in hollywood who have access to secret poo poo can't even get Biden to mention the political goal they apparently dedicate their life to.

lol at imagining biden championing the ERA

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

someone is really regretting hiring the consultants that ruined their presidential campaign lol

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

https://twitter.com/MattBruenig/status/1362885823893544963?s=20

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

https://twitter.com/LDBurnett/status/1362882115965054978?s=20

https://twitter.com/odetteroulette/status/1362886892711276548?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

https://twitter.com/NickAPappas/status/1362891308826828807?s=20