Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Geshtal
Nov 8, 2006

So that's the post you've decided to go with, is it?

LJN92 posted:

The game basically takes the stance that, while Jecht may have been an rear end in a top hat, he still loved Tidus deep down.

I don't even think it was that "deep down". Jecht did love his kid, but he knew he was a poo poo father who didn't even know where to begin with a kid and kinda used that as an excuse not to get better. Not until he got to Spira and had to face the reality of his son never seeing his dad again, for good or ill. Maybe I'm giving the game too much credit, but I read Jecht's arc as a dad who was equal parts abusive and neglectful and by the end is not looking to be forgiven and reconciled but to give his son closure by accepting the consequences for his past parenting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geshtal
Nov 8, 2006

So that's the post you've decided to go with, is it?

Violet_Sky posted:

Plus the lovely minigames. Who thought Lightning dodging was fun?

As much as everyone complains about the lightning dodging (including myself, make it non-consecutive and it is almost reasonable), at least it could sort of be gamed a bit with that map spot in the Thunder Plains that forces a lightning strike. For me getting 0:00 in Chocobo Racing was the most rage inducing. I've only accomplished it once and it only takes a few failures to feel like way too much work in subsequent playthroughs.