Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

Quantum Toast posted:

As far as I can remember, you can only add, not replace or remove? I remember there being one vendor who only sells equipment with four empty slots, just so you can build them up however you like.

You are correct. Unlocking said vendor has a few odd steps that aren't obvious and he's located in a weird place for an endgame vendor. You can also find 4 empty slot gear as random encounter drops in an optional dungeon with a superboss in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

I really like the design of this fight's gimmicks from a narrative perspective because it makes Yuna crucial to victory and reminds you that that this fight is primarily between her and Seymour.

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

Violet_Sky posted:

Plus the lovely minigames. Who thought Lightning dodging was fun?

The thing that gets me is the sheer leaps in difficulty between them. Most of the minigames that unlock Sigils are pretty straightforward or can be brute forced if you level up enough but then Lightning Dodging and [the other horrid minigame from later on] represent hours upon hours of hell and fighting against the RNG.

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

vyelkin posted:

The one thing that's really unforgivable is that when they did the remaster they didn't program in skippable cutscenes.

I don't think they could have if they wanted - a lot of old games can't skip cutscenes (especially in-engine ones) because the game was programmed under the assumption those scenes would always happen and if they were skipped then important flags wouldn't get set and model positioning wouldn't be updated, which could crash the game or get the player stuck.

The solution would be to reprogram those sections, but there's so many in this game that removing them would likely involve enough dev time that it wouldn't be worth the effort over just remaking things from the ground up. And they aren't willing to put that much money/effort into a budget title.

EFB ^^^