Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Man was allowing you to re-name the main character in a fully-voiced RPG a bad idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

The sheer upper body strength required to swing a metal sword underwater, let alone hard enough to cut through a fish :stare:

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

ultrafilter posted:

Unless they changed it in the rerelease, there's nothing permanently missable in the temple trials. You can always come back and do them later, although in some cases you have to wait a while.

you can go back and re-complete the trials, but I wouldn't hold it against anyone to say "doing any trial twice is a barrier i am unwilling to cross & anything left behind is considered permanently missed because gently caress that".

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

This is why "I got too close to Sin" is such a widely accepted excuse for Tidus' naivete. When Sin gets close...this happens. Forgetting about Spiran customs must seem like such a blessing, considering there's not much to remember but death and destruction.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

honestly if you only posted one screenshot of you going into the cloister and one of you exiting the cloister at the end, that'd be two screenshots more than the trials within deserve IMO

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I know Blitzball is some sort of meme, but is it actually fun to play or is it really stupid?

It looks to be some sort of hockey/handball mashup which seem cool on paper
hockey is a solid analogue for what blitzball should've been. idk how spoilery blitzball mechanics discussion is so i'll just throw tags on it for safety's sake:
imagine playing a hockey game where the gameplay paused every time you skate too close to an opponent, and you had a one-turn turn-based-battle to determine whether your pass/shot/attempt to skate by was successful or not

now imagine getting thrown into that hockey game with nothing but the tutorial we just witnessed, with what is essentially the worst possible team you could be stuck with, and your opponent has a really good goalie.

all that said I maintained a blitzball-only save for literal years, so v:v:v

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

A choice was made. A meaningless one in the grand scheme of things, but a choice nonetheless!
if you talk to Gatta again before the Operation & tell him to get to the front lines, he's the one that ends up dead & Luzzu is sitting here in his place.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

I'm slightly concerned with 85 SSLP updates in a three-week binge from late October to mid-November.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Black Robe posted:

Obviously the solution is to go back to 2013 or so, and have a long string of emotes as your scene break. Bonus for animated ugly ones.

double bonus if you reach the post smilie cap and the latter half of your update becomes an unreadable blur of :v: and the like

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Welcome to the first of many times I found myself underleveled :cripes:
A boss battle that insta-kills a third of your party, or builds up to a TPK attack. Oh and it's phase two after a mage with two healbots. Oh and if you manage to survive it there's a third phase with multiple-elemental magic attacks.

Can you tell I never used Haste? Teenage me was an idiot that never used magic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

basically there's never a good time for a cloister of trials and the game would lose nothing if they were completely omitted.

Speaking of omitted, methinks Yuna & crew just un-did all the 'good work' towards Guado/human interrelations :ohdear: