Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kaosdrachen
Aug 15, 2011

Dareon posted:

Wakka is my favorite character in this game (My favorite design is Auron, though). He's the only supporting member to really have a strong character arc, much like (And sort of paralleling) Steiner in IX. None of the other supporting characters change significantly over the course of the game, with the possible exception of Rikku.

Wakka gives one of the best character-development lines later in the game that really sums up how far he's come.

[modedited to add spoiler tags]

Somebody fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Feb 16, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kaosdrachen
Aug 15, 2011

Fedule posted:

Yeah maybe I'm just finally losing my memory but I could swear the trials are and always have been revisitable later (especially considering the Destruction Spheres), it was just that in the International Version there happens to be a small landmine of a change which renders it very much in your interests to clear everything out the first time although strictly speaking it's still as possible as it ever was to revisit.

Your memory is accurate, and that landmine also exists in the HD PC version.

kaosdrachen
Aug 15, 2011

Quantum Toast posted:

I always kind of liked how combat in these early areas is basically a "match the party member to the enemy" game. It's obviously not gonna stay that simple forever, but I don't think it ever entirely stops being a thing you keep in mind.

It's a pretty efficient tutorial, yeah.

kaosdrachen
Aug 15, 2011

cant cook creole bream posted:

Maybe the other teams died recently.

In a world where Sin attacks happen randomly and more commonly along coastlines (which is where Blitzball players would be practicing unless they have a huge aquarium inland) this isn't exactly an outrageously improbable notion.

kaosdrachen
Aug 15, 2011
Ik Wakka's defense, I'd like to point out that he's very clearly being racist here because he was brought up to be racist and his main flaw is that he doesn't spend much time questioning the authorities in his life.

He's a simple boy, with all the good and bad points that implies.

kaosdrachen
Aug 15, 2011

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Is Rikku the final party member we get?

Not counting Yuna's ever increasing stable of PokemonAeons, yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kaosdrachen
Aug 15, 2011

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

On the other hand, instantly killing a giant monster using a plushie is amazing, so I'd say it balaces out.

... Vote to get a plushie with Zombietouch. You know why.