Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Quackles posted:

Maybe it's just me, but now that we've met Wakka, does that make Tidus Yakko and Yuna Dot?

Thank you for confirming that I'm not the only one who thought this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Okay, I'm no die-hard follower of sportsball, but how does literally the worst team in the world who haven't made it past the first round in who knows how many years get seeded?

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

I don't like this scene because when you're feeling upset or pissed off or whatever else the most infuriating thing in the universe is some fucker telling you to smile. How about no, now gently caress off and let me feel my feelings in peace.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Falconier111 posted:

I remember hearing this too, but I wasn’t able to find any information about relative Calm lengths when doing my research. Can anybody point to somewhere specific?

From what I can gather, since Braska's Calm lasted less than a year a lot of people assume that clearly this means the Calms are getting shorter, because if they've always been only a few months long - and there have only been 5 recorded - then nobody would bother, despite Yuna's passionate speeches. And also Sin would likely have managed to destroy enough of civilisation that the population wouldn't be able to recover.

Also the Calms are happening more frequently, so it's a valid assumption that they're getting shorter - Gandof was 400 years ago, Ohalland was 230 years ago, Yocun was 100 years ago, and Braska just 10 years ago.

[let's not concern ourselves with this detail just yet, thanks! -fedule]

As with any video game question ever there's a lot of bickering and pointless debate going on, but there's no concrete evidence said in-game anywhere or in any of the material Square Enix produced.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Mar 13, 2021

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Oh joy. Wakka using obvious racial slurs followed by near-nude shots of a sixteen year old girl. What a classy game this is.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

kaosdrachen posted:

Ik Wakka's defense, I'd like to point out that he's very clearly being racist here because he was brought up to be racist and his main flaw is that he doesn't spend much time questioning the authorities in his life.

He's a simple boy, with all the good and bad points that implies.

True, and understandable. But that's already been made extremely clear and his language adds nothing except the audience having to read it. It's not a great writing choice, particularly when none of the other characters tell him to knock it off or even react.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

ultrafilter posted:

Also, something has gone wrong with this exchange:

I see nothing wrong, Tidus is just very conflicted about his feelings for Wakka :v:

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Obviously the solution is to go back to 2013 or so, and have a long string of emotes as your scene break. Bonus for animated ugly ones.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

Also gonna take the bold option and vote for Kimahri. Because there's nothing like going for the option the game doesn't expect you to.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

I'm really starting to get fed up with Wakka. I hope Sin eats him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

No worries, you gotta take care of yourself first.