Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SoundwaveAU
Apr 17, 2018

My favourite game ever made, its only flaws in my book are extremely minor, like not being able to skip cutscenes (which would be good on challenge playthroughs, speedruns and the like).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SoundwaveAU
Apr 17, 2018

I think the old soundtrack is a lot better. There are a few remastered tracks I like better, but most of the time the new soundtrack feels like too much, some of the core of the old song is at times erased in favour of more instruments, and a more bombastic and over the top sound.

SoundwaveAU
Apr 17, 2018

The canon pronounciation is Teedus but I choose to rebel against that because it sounds dumb and I've been calling him Tiedus since 2001.

SoundwaveAU
Apr 17, 2018

Falconier111 posted:

Does the Expert Sphere Grid fix this, or is she just unsalvageable?

The Expert Grid actually makes it real easy for Yuna to get Black Magic early on, making Lulu near-useless from the get-go, as Yuna has a higher magic stat that ensures higher damage.

There's all sorts of fun, wacky poo poo you can do with the Expert Grid. One tactic I did once was overkilling Ochu to make sure he drops 2 HP Spheres (and resetting if he drops MP Spheres) and then for the cost of only a few sphere levels per party member, there's a nice spot on the grid where you can slam those down next to each other and give your whole party +600 HP in Kilika.

SoundwaveAU
Apr 17, 2018

YA CAN'T DO IT KID

SoundwaveAU
Apr 17, 2018

I love Blitzball. Don't understand the hate it gets, it's a great minigame.

It also always bugged me how biased the announcers are. Sure the Goers are the home team but they really take their bias to the next level. People from all over Spira are here, be more impartial!

SoundwaveAU
Apr 17, 2018

Dareon posted:

They didn't want you to have to play too much blitzball right out of the gate? :shrug: That and the Psyches are probably the second worst team, so the thinking may be "Well, maybe instead of the stompfest we got from the Goers/Aurochs match the last 3 years, let's have some kind of mildly interesting show before the stompfest."

I enjoyed the management aspect a bit more than the actual game. Probably still counts as spoilers, so: I loved just running about asking everyone if they were interested in playing with my giant knobbly balls. And very random people would be, and would be surprisingly good! Like a random-rear end Yevonite down in a canyon like ten areas ahead with a 99 Catch rating. Or something. Again, longass time since I played. But I remember that guy, a guy on the Al Bhed Psyches, and, surprisingly, Keepa, were especially good, although I think Keepa's strength may not actually be goaltending.

It makes sense from a gameplay perspective but not so much from a real world tournament perspective. My assumption is that the bracket is just entirely randomly generated for some reason and this year the Aurochs got lucky.

That guy down in the canyon is the only permanently missable Blitzball player, as he disappears from the map after you fight Sin. Keepa gets the highest shoot stat in the game at level 99, but all his other stats are so garbage it's not worth it to ever use him.

SoundwaveAU
Apr 17, 2018

There's an exploit you can do for the 200 lightning bolts. There's a certain crater and if you approach from a certain angle, lightning will literally always go off at the same time. Of course human error can still play a part, I should know as I once failed on 191 bolts :D

SoundwaveAU
Apr 17, 2018

My favourite Fiend Tale is the one showing that aliens are apparently canon

SoundwaveAU
Apr 17, 2018

Challenge is by far the biggest casualty on the Remastered soundtrack. Massive yikes there.

"People die and Yuna dances" is my favourite out-of-context quote in this whole game.

SoundwaveAU
Apr 17, 2018

When I played FFX for the first time as a wee 5 or 6 year old, Extractor was as far as I got. I ran from nearly every battle and my underlevelled Tidus/Wakka weren't close to enough to win. I did realise my mistake and started a whole new game.

SoundwaveAU
Apr 17, 2018

Snorb posted:

Also, do Haste and Slow ever end when Tidus casts them? Or do they remain for the rest of the combat/until their target is knocked out of combat?

That's right. Effects like Haste, Reflect, etc are permanent until dispelled or the character is KOed. Haste can also be overwritten with Slow.

SoundwaveAU
Apr 17, 2018

I love, love, loooove Seymour's Ambition! One of my favourite tracks in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SoundwaveAU
Apr 17, 2018

I'M ANNOYING, HUH?