Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

I have no idea what's going on. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

If you try and defend any fashion choices in this game I will burn these forums to the ground

What about the fashion choices in Final Fantasy X-2? :v:

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

oldskool posted:

The sheer upper body strength required to swing a metal sword underwater, let alone hard enough to cut through a fish :stare:

Yeah, there's something fishy about that fight. :v:

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

How does one pronounce 'Tidus', anyway?

If there's no answer to the contrary, I'm going to assume it's [ˈtɪˌdiz].

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Maybe it's just me, but now that we've met Wakka, does that make Tidus Yakko and Yuna Dot?

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Falconier111 posted:

What is it with me and LPing JRPGs that turn out to be about sports? Is my subconscious trying to tell me something?

Clearly, next you should LP a sports game that turns out to be a JRPG.
May I recommend Golf Story?

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Pity the reward is so underwhelming for how hard that was! Still, at least there’s some good character moments in there.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

X-2 wasn't as bad as people make it out to be, but it was pretty dumb. The plot is really silly and the 100% stuff is just a headache and a half.

But how are the outfits?

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Falconier111 posted:

Then I learned it was out on the Switch and was like welp.

Do you use an Elgato/similar for footage capture, or just the switch's Capture button? I considered using Capture for possible future LPs, but holding the button down only captures the last 30 seconds as a video, so it wouldn't be useful for long cutscenes and the like.

Quackles fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Mar 14, 2021

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

OK, I tried recording a picross puzzle in Murder By Numbers this way, and it... came out pretty well, actually. But you do have to press every 25 seconds or less (I set a timer).

Maybe I can make that LP after all.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

:golfclap:
Perfect.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

The real question is, what is Seymour’s last name?

After this little performance, I am placing my bets on “Hiney”. :v:

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Snorb posted:

I also think this game really needed a way for everyone else to dance around Tidus's name (a nickname like the Persona games used, or just omit his name from the voice acting like Dragon Quest VIII does.)

Looking cool, Tidus! :v:

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

I love how everyone in the world has this absurd fashion sense and there's Tidus' mom, looking like she's picking him up after soccer practice

Maybe that's why Zanarkand was destroyed: to get everyone to cosplay. :v:

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Ooh.

Gonna have to vote Lulu, because why not?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

vyelkin posted:

Unfortunately, the big exception to "this is when the game gets really good" is literally the very next thing you have to do after this Seymour fight, which kills all the momentum that the Macalania Temple sequence built up.

Chocobo breeding? :v: