Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
I just beat Penance for the first time this week.
It's insane how like "long ago" the main game feels when you get to that level of post-end game content* (since ffx doesn't have a new game + option on the ps2/3)

Also I didn't get the hype for Nemesis, piss easy first time kicked his rear end.

Penance is brutal af though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stab
Feb 12, 2003

Yeah like the time I grinded for a bunch of hours to do my capture x10 without saving and for shits and giggles I went "let me go see Home again."

:hurr: :downsowned:

stab
Feb 12, 2003

TheKirbs posted:

Same, I thought it was triggered in the village rather than the gate so I thought I could get close.

Luckily my Yuna was beefy as hell and I had a few Aeons with Damage Limit Break so I won the damage race

I.....didn't know where they were.

I thought in most cases you had to initiate the combat.

Learnt a valuable lesson in Mushroom Rock Road.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

which is why for the first time, just score, get possession and then swim behind your goalie and stay there. the broken AI doesn't chase you and you can cheese a 1-0 win.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

Falconier111 posted:

I will have more to say about this later. GOD will I have more to say about this later. But I stand by my belief that FFX has some of the best plotting of any video game I’ve ever played. As flawed as the writing can be, the underlying plot structure is a work of art that can support the weaker parts of the script and makes the stronger parts land hard.

This.

Somebody try to explain the plot of the FF13 arc. I played through the series more than once and I STILL don't know what's going on.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

One of the few things I know about the original FFX was that there was a minigame where you had to dodge 200 consecutive lightning strikes or something

Is that still in the remaster?

gently caress that minigame.

Also, gently caress 0:00:0.

People will know what I mean.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

FeyerbrandX posted:

Only term I can think of right now is a Bull, but I think that's limited to those in the priesthood.

Yeah a Papal Bull. If it's to the regulars that's just a good ol' common Edict.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stab
Feb 12, 2003

Dareon posted:

My mother eventually got to a point in her play where she could beat an optional superboss to death with the girls alone... using nothing but Mug. Repeatedly. It was one of her favorite pastimes while playing X. I'm not sure she ever actually finished the game, she was so busy mugging that dude to death.

I beat some Dark Aeons using the girls....just punching and sending out the Mog.

I might have been slightly overleveled.