Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
I'm kinda with chiasaur. The thing I most liked about the first episode was the emphasis on Sorawo figuring stuff out to solve the first encounter. I kinda expected the show to be more in that vein in terms of understanding the mechanics and weird rules in the Otherside (so you can defeat this type of enemy if one person looks at it while the other person shoots!) to gain an edge and be more prepared to survive, with new complications thrown in from time to time etc. But with the introduction of the superpowers for the two main characters the show has kinda veered away from that.

I mean it's my fault for going in with the wrong expectations but I was hoping with this new arc that it would have been about the girls demonstrating their competence and understanding to these ostensibly professional soldiers and contrasting their approach to the more gung-ho "let's shoot at it" approach of the soldiers, that would also progress the situation for the girls beyond individual adventures looking for Satsuki (who I really don't care about). Heck maybe they could get the military to help out in looking for Satsuki, which would at last mean there's some meaningful progress in the main plot. But instead it seemed like a setup for a misunderstanding-plot, where the soldiers are just one more threat they have to run away from.

I guess I just wanted Paranormal Dr Stone with Lesbians, is that too much to ask forrrr...??? :(

Fangz fucked around with this message at 13:35 on Feb 11, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Episode 7 could have been cute but jeez, this series would have been so much better if they put this *before* the previous arc instead of immediately after.

Then again maybe this means they aren't gonna rescue the soldiers? Bleh.

EDIT: VVV :ughh:

Fangz fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Feb 15, 2021

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

The Divine Orator posted:

It might just be the case they're moving the kisaragi rescue arc back to a prospective second season but yeah, it's very...weird stuff. Still, hey, good episode if nothing else!

I find it really hard to see how the girls would suddenly go "oh right, those guys" without seeming like total morons

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

:raise:

This episode wasn't particularly bad but I think I'm dropping the series at this point, it's just too much of a mess and not really what I was looking for...

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

I'll add it to the stack. Do I want the manga or the novels