Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Poopernickel posted:

Homemade? What do you put in your fried rice?

yeah wife made it. idk it had like veggies and lil shrimps in it. put a lil chili garlic sauce on there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nevergirls
Jul 4, 2004

It's not right living this way, not letting others know what's true and what's false.
Saltines, sardines, and hot sauce. I am too lazy to do anything else right now.

Poopernickel posted:

Thick-cut turkey breast (including lovely leftover Thanksgiving turkey) can eat my entire rear end, and shouldn't legally be called food.

I'm sorry you're bad at cooking turkey, but to be fair, most people are. Large amount of meat, odd shape, wildly different temperature targets to hit across the bird. You throw an 9 out of 10 difficulty cooking project at people once a year, they're going to gently caress it up.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
i ordered a big thing of sardines off amazon

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

yo whats for lunch my dudes

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
turkey is not worth the effort. The effort you have to put into making a good turkey is just so out of proportion to how tasty even a well made turkey is.

its like ... idk, it's like building a Kia Sedona entirely by hand over the space of 4 years. Like yeah you could but why would the end result of all that effort be .... that.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
its pretty easy imo. you just get the slices at the deli and then you put them in stuff

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

i have had good turkey and i still wouldn't choose it over chicken. i have had enough good turkey to know this.

i make a chicken for thanksgiving, as i get to choose what traditions i wanna do

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
sous vide chicken is reallly good and you can have like a bunch of them packed and ready do go in ur fridge/freezer

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

my mil wanted turkey for thanksgiving and i made the best turkey id ever had which is about the equivalent of a mediocre chicken

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

i love the roast chickens you can get at the supermarket. a big turkey is definitely a once a year thing.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

anyway, ham sandwich and cheddar sun chips

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

had an italian sub, chips, pickle, cookie, and coffee

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Shaggar posted:

sous vide chicken is reallly good and you can have like a bunch of them packed and ready do go in ur fridge/freezer
yoo. have literally 25lbs of sous vide chicken in my freezer in individual vacuum sealed bags. did a bunch of different marinades. wicked good meal ready to go whenever, only took a few hours one afternoon to put together all of it.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i’m eating american for brunch

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Shaggar posted:

adequately cooked chicken mmmmmmm

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

I go for a 4km walk during my contractually mandated 45 minute lunch break.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

yoo. have literally 25lbs of sous vide chicken in my freezer in individual vacuum sealed bags. did a bunch of different marinades. wicked good meal ready to go whenever, only took a few hours one afternoon to put together all of it.

ya it kicks rear end cause chicken overcooks super easy and the sous vide makes that pretty much impossible. i usually brown it on the stove or w/ a torch b4 eating or putting into stuff

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Eating some dal and rice.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

imitation crab meat and sriracha

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Shaggar posted:

ya it kicks rear end cause chicken overcooks super easy and the sous vide makes that pretty much impossible. i usually brown it on the stove or w/ a torch b4 eating or putting into stuff
yea same, have never tried a torch but maybe i should, since my goal is just to get the very very outside crispy without doing any additional cooking inside. usually i just do this with a super hot cast iron pan but I could see the torch being quicker with less cleanup

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
the torch is faster, but i think the pan tastes better

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

i try not to eat very much beef so i do not find the average roast beef a good use of my beef budget

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

Poopernickel posted:

Homemade? What do you put in your fried rice?

egg fried rice is really simple to make and super delicious

you just use (preferably cold) cooked rice, get a wok real hot with oil in it, put some chopped onions in for. couple of minutes, then chuck in the rice, blast soy sauce all over it, then throw in a couple of eggs with the yolks broken and toss it all together real quick

whole thing takes like 5 minutes and is good as heck

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

use rice you made yesterday if you can, you want it to be kinda dry. using fresh rice instead of old is the number one reason for mediocre fried rice in my experience.

also slice some bacon and throw it in to crisp before you mess with rice or eggs

Achmed Jones fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Feb 13, 2021

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
ask me about falling down a giant hole when i wanted to find out why jollibee's garlic rice was only available at breakfast

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Gentle Autist posted:

egg fried rice is really simple to make and super delicious

you just use (preferably cold) cooked rice, get a wok real hot with oil in it, put some chopped onions in for. couple of minutes, then chuck in the rice, blast soy sauce all over it, then throw in a couple of eggs with the yolks broken and toss it all together real quick

whole thing takes like 5 minutes and is good as heck

This is 'gold-over-silver' and it always just ended up a claggy mess when I made it; I much prefer the 'silver-over-gold' beaten eggs in the wok first, wait til it starts to omelette and then chop it into small bits with the spatula and stirfry to yellow-brown. The cold rice goes in on top of that and it's a lot nicer.

I put a handful of frozen petit pois in, a good dash of dark soy, a spiral of sriracha, a half-teaspoon of dried chili flakes and a pinch each of 5-spice and MSG.

Poopernickel
Oct 28, 2005

electricity bad
Fun Shoe
I actually make a lot of fried rice, probably make it a few times a month. Whenever we have some leftover rice sitting around.

I make mine in a 12" cast iron on high heat the entire time. Heat the pan, add oil, heat oil. Add rice, salt, black pepper, minced garlic, and frozen peas and maybe some onion. Maybe some red pepper flakes too. Cook, flipping the rice until it's getting tasty looking.

Push the rice off to the side and crack in a couple of eggs, scrambling in the pan. Mix with the rice once scrambled. Maybe add some leftover meat chopped up. Stir-fry some more until done, then add fish-sauce and soy-sauce at the end. Stir fry a little more until the sauces are all absorbed, then done.

The end product is a lot more crispy-crackly than Chinese restaurant fried-rice, and also tastier :)

Poopernickel fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Feb 13, 2021

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

is oyster sauce something you put in fried rice? or am i thinking of something else

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
you can put oyster sauce in anything you want

Poopernickel
Oct 28, 2005

electricity bad
Fun Shoe

Roosevelt posted:

is oyster sauce something you put in fried rice? or am i thinking of something else

You probably could, but I wouldn't because it's too goopy - it would stick to my pan

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Roosevelt posted:

yeah the flavour fits and is something I recognise from asian restaurants. but easy to overdo

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

rotor posted:

lets open this up to discussion:

Turkey: the worst mainstream sandwich meat.

True? False? Lets get some posts in here.

dude, ham is worst. what kind of messed up question is this?

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

President Beep posted:

dude, ham is worst. what kind of messed up question is this?

:wrong:

Laslow
Jul 18, 2007
i use oyster sauce in fried rice. the goopiness isn’t an issue if you don’t use too much.

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

all luncheon meats are processed garbage

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
yes. that is what luncheon is

it’s not all bad tho. most of an animal is worthy of eating, and we miss out on the most nutritious parts by skipping livers etc, so in that sense it’s good that it gets used

the problem is the additives and binders and salt/nitrates, not the meat. highly processed food disables our ability to tell when we’ve eaten enough and that’s it’s biggest burden

I’d like a sausage, that was like 80-90% delcious muscle meat and the rest offal and spiced nicely, not just salted to hell. get that nutrition

a chunk of meat is just a chunk of meat but a sausage is a blank canvas upon which a butcher meat artist can use to paint a glorious delight for my tum tum

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
the best part of the animal to eat is its soul

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

President Beep posted:

the best part of the animal to eat is its hole

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

that's what i do too nmn. order is bacon, garlic/scallions/etc, egg, rice. any other meat goes before or after scallions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

President Beep posted:

the best part of the animal to eat is its soul