Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SwampYankee
Mar 7, 2007

By the grace of God and 600 horsepower
Dust problems aside, this has been a fun race. I mean actually a fun race, not a "fun because it's total clown shoes" race.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SwampYankee
Mar 7, 2007

Hamlin on that final restart: "The high line hasn't worked since 40 laps ago, maybe I should try it again"

SwampYankee
Mar 7, 2007

SRX was fun, not a barn-burner of a race but decent action and a good winner. Also really makes me wish NBC could have gotten Allen Bestwick instead of sticking us with Rick loving Allen.

SwampYankee
Mar 7, 2007

Doug Coby gets a truck ride at Bristol with GMS after winning the SRX race and Ryan Preece wins the truck race at Nashville. Good day for the modified guys.

SwampYankee
Mar 7, 2007

Pinecone Sample posted:

I'm open for the Clash to be set at a short track, but didn't Daytona bust up the short track when they took down grandstands? Or is it still there but the seating options are not ideal?

It could be at another track, but in mid-February and near enough to the NC shops & Daytona, seems like gotta be Darlington, which isn't exactly tropical, which means primetime Thursday night kind of show may not work.

The better decision is move it down the road to New Smyrna. A legitimately good short track, no travelling across the country for one exhibition race, and it puts an even bigger spotlight on the World Series, which is great for all the short track divisions that are down there.

Of course, this kind of makes sense, so it won't happen.

SwampYankee
Mar 7, 2007

tater_salad posted:

So looks like there may not be a full field for the 500?

Also this coliseum race is gunna be a poo poo show right? Like a colossal poo poo show?

Probably, but it's been a poo poo show at Daytona for years anyway, so I say bring it on.

SwampYankee
Mar 7, 2007

I'm actually liking this. Heats had some good racing for the transfer spot and it seems like they can actually pass without wrecking the car in front, which is what I was worried about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SwampYankee
Mar 7, 2007

That was really fun. I was skeptical when they first made the announcement but it was a legitimately good race.