Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

chamois posted:

did clint bowyer really spin jeff gordon out in a rental car??

The first rule of racing is to believe every story involving racing drivers and rental cars. Or racing teams and rental cars. This goes double for Bobby Unser.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

iospace posted:

loving bring back Eldora, cowards

:hmmyes:

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Decided to check some of this poo poo show out, and apparently NASCAR are putting full race replays up on YouTube? And possibly even simulcasting the broadcast live as well? Could be because I'm outside the U.S. but that seems new.

bigbillystyle posted:

It just seemed like they were all tip toeing around the track and the track is so technical they all had to be like right on with hitting their marks and to me it just seemed like they were all in slow motion. Compare it to Sonoma or Watkins Glenn when you see a lot more side by side throughout the entire track and guys flying through the grass and trying to cut corners and all that. To me they just look a lot faster and little more wild on those tracks which makes the road course watching a little more fun.

I mean, COTA is a newer design, a longer track with a much more technical layout. Plus the rain :v: Sonoma and Watkins for NASCAR are both on layouts that encourage a bit more of a short-track mentality, if that makes sense. Road America is longer but still encourages good action.

(take NASCAR to Lime Rock Park is what I'm saying.)

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Pinecone Sample posted:

Also it's fuckin annoying that this thread doesn't come up from my history when I type NASCAR or when I ctrl+f NASCAR on a list, regardless of whether it is or was a funny joke at some point, sorry

Any ideas from the thread on a new title then, given we’re more than half a season in?

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

GD_American posted:

Barely serious question- why not gymkhana?

Was going to say “because too big and RWD,” but 1. That’s no argument against chaos and 2. We can just let Ford and Toyota use their rally peanuts and dare GM to come up with their own.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

ˇDale!

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Mad Max noooooooo :smith:

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Some bright spark needs to start up Pro Racer Tees dot com and turn every silly idea or event in races into print-on-demand shirts, just like indie wrestling has done for the past decade.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

shame on an IGA posted:

hey so uhhh what are everyone's thoughts on the fact that Brian Vickers' wife is almost as deeply implicated in the Jeffrey Epstein thing as Ghislane herself?

kidcoelacanth posted:

the same as they were when it originally came up like two years ago, which is "huh, weird"

Yeah it’s this plus :stare:

That’s a whole level worse than all the names in Formula 1 world in the black book (Flavio Briatore being the absolute least surprising).

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Elitist Bitch posted:

I hear the F1 thread is the better place for those who prefer not to be roasted.

too busy being air f-

Slickdrac posted:

No one tell them we're roasting people, they'll jump in and scold us for not air frying.

god dammit <:mad:>

big nipples big life posted:

just tell the F1 thread that chamois puts his cast iron pan in the dishwasher.

maybe I'm just optimistic but I'm pretty sure by this point even the cast iron enthusiasts would be able to see such obvious bait.

---------

is there anything on the official NASCAR schedule before the Clash? Just thinking that would be the right time for the 2022 thread to get started.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Douchebag posted:

They could have used a place like Bowman or some place similar but I don’t think it would have gotten the buzz of “built a nascar track over a football field”. Event was fun.

I really think they should use the heat/LCQ format once in a while, but it’s probably bad for sponsorships and stuff not having all the cars in the main.

and I think that's under-selling what the LA Coliseum is, a historic location with a ton of history (and even history with motorsport - stadium trucks!)

I watched a bit of the practice highlights on YouTube, so I'm somewhat...excited? for NASCAR? In a football stadium? What is this world.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

algebra testes posted:

For want of anything else I listened to some Dale Jr Download. I think it was mentioned that the DW episode was a great listen and it is. Especially Jr's enthusiasm with history.

I'm not sure if I've mentioned here or if you've caught them before but the NASCAR focused episodes of Dinner With Racers are really good. Plus, their two-parter on The Poster is an absolute must-listen for the kinds of NASCAR fans we have here.

I think I did give that DW episode of the Dale Jr podcast a listen too a while back on the thread's recommendation, I'm always here for cheating in racing and rental car abuse stories.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Slickdrac posted:

New thread

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3993503

Pay no mind to my inability to tell what year it is. Harper will fix that shortly

A bit presumptuous :colbert: But understandable, time has blended together.

fare thee well, NASCAR 2021 thread.