Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

I for one am excited that Cherries wild will be happening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

CBJSprague24 posted:

Not FOX Sports and NASCAR.

Bruton will find a rogue engineer to blame.

"one day someone just started dumping dirt on the track and I had no idea and by the time I knew it was already a dirt track there" - Bruton Smith

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Yeah I agree that race was pretty okay, but given that it was expected to be a huge poo poo show it was 'great' based on the expectations but was just meh-okay.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

based on the HYPE it was a poo poo race.. it was "diferent surface racing" not really dirt. I dunno it was okay.. it wasn't great, it wasn't the shitshow I expected.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

yeah that makes sense..
Like A+ on nascar for branching out and trying new things, just didn't live up to the hype. That coupled with tires that were poo poo, dust issues, etc etc. I'd say it's one of the best things nascar has done recently but that's a really low bar.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Ostentatious posted:

who the gently caress is derrike cope

DAYTONA 500 Winner Derrike Cope!
Also Daytona 500 Daughter Entrant having Derrike Cope!

never thoguht I'd see such terrible word said here in nascar thread..

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

iospace posted:

loving bring back Eldora, cowards

now this.. these words are what's needed in this thread..

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

wtf is SRX racing.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

says the sanctioning body that continues to let the Busch brothers race in all their series.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Nice of Chase Elliott's spotter to attack pregnant women.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

I went to bed glad I didn't miss anything

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

stealie72 posted:

Honestly, it was dumb but I can't hate it too much because every all star game is lame.

Now, if NASCAR wanted to make like the NFL/NHL and have a day of skills challenges the day before, I'd watch that.

I didn't watch any of this stuff this year becaue 1 I had stuff to do and 2 it's universally terrible. Don't they do the funny qualifying where it's like a 1/2 lap, pit stop with no speed limit then one more full lap or something.

It'd be cool if they did something at like charlotte where the race was 1/2 oval then intermission to do roval..

Add a doughnut competition or something voted on by teh fans.

Just go full WWE / Monster Jam is what I'm saying.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Just run a figure 8 race for the Nascar all stars race.

Also the all stars race is a joke since just about every cup driver gets in anyway. They should mix it up and let the Truck and Xfinity series drivers earn a spot too...

Or they could just get rid of the all stars race since it loving sucks.

Lets do 10-20 cars from each series in their own car multiclass racing something like fuel loads for Cup cars need to pit 2x, xifnity need to pit 1x and trucks no pits, with a joker lap through a back stretch chicane. or some silly poo poo every 10 laps.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Landon Cassil will be the first driver paid nothing?
I'd like to see the contract.. Equivelant of X dollars in [Crypto currency ] on date.. or assumption like he gets 10shitcoins and the rest in real dollars.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

mearn posted:

I don't think this would even be the first time Landon Cassill specifically was paid nothing. No disrespect intended towards the guy, he is very high up on my list of "Would really like to see him get another shot in good equipment" but he has not historically been working with teams with the best finances.

Apologies the first Nascar driver paid nothing.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

I hope the ghost of bill Elliott kicks chase's rear end

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

I was enjoying the summer and driving home. Did I miss anything besides the leaders getting hosed by Nascar?

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Not as much action in the final SRX race. Chase Elliott gets the win and had some nice racing with his dad in Heat 1 and the start of the Main Event.

I did manage to catch the last 60 or so main laps of SRX from hotel room sat night.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Well maybe. But I think it might be a bad reflection on the sport if Tony Stewart is inviting Nascar legends to run races... and then spinning them out to win. "gently caress you this is my house"

Paul tracey did this well enough on his own.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

mischief posted:

Is it worth getting a scanner for an NHRA event? We're going to the zMax races soon. I know I'll need ear pro regardless but didn't know how useful scanners were at drag races.

I'd say at a drag race you're not going to get much mileage out of a scanner. it's not like you're going to be hear pitstop or team communications / spotters. they don't have time to talk in the drag car.
you may get some track safety crew frequencies and hear that stuff but mostly even then if a car crashes i'ts mostly get in ambulance / crew vehicle and drive to secene you're nto going to get a lot of conversation unless i'ts real bad.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

More like Max Poophisself

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Nice to see a champion getting his 1st win in Nascar.

Wins are important

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

that sucks

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

One of the few tracks that are still interesting. I've really been enjoying driving the classic Nascar's on iRacing becuase they race fun tracks.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

chamois posted:

no reason to

Can't wash your hands with you piss yourself when rigor mortis sets in

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

did he complete the road to recovery successfully?

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

So looks like there may not be a full field for the 500?

Also this coliseum race is gunna be a poo poo show right? Like a colossal poo poo show?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

It's going to be a disaster, would have been cool if they stuck the cup drivers in modified or late models or something.