Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

bigbillystyle posted:

The real fun is going to be 25 races from now when McDowell is 24th in points but going to the playoffs and either Brad or Joey didn't get a win and had a marginal season and will miss the playoffs by like 3 points.

if someone on brad or joey or whoever's level can't make it past 15th in points they probably don't deserve to be contending for a championship anyway

hell i'd say if you can't make it up to 1st in points you probably don't deserve a championship but what do i know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

good xfin race

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

loving awesome drive by bell

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

i thought that race was quite good

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

(everyone in nascar is a rich kid)

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

do you think regan was concealing a boner when he interviewed larson

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I think Bubba will be good, especially with the backing he has now, but probably not like a top-tier career. He'll get wins. It's been a rough start to the season but it's only been 5 races, and it's not like he's immediately on a top-flight team when they only just came into existence.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

23XI is not top equipment

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Buying your equipment from Gibbs doesn't automatically make you a top flight team. It worked for Furniture Row because they had Cole Pearn and that dude is a wizard, and then they got priced out of the series when JGR jacked up their prices because they were pissed FRR beat them. 23XI scooping up what I assume is Leavine's inventory and getting Gibbs support is a start, but it's still a pricey process and they have to actually build a team around it too.

Again, they're only five races in, and they have more support than any new team in recent memory with an at-worst solid driver. It's a good foundation but it's got to percolate a bit before we can make any real judgement calls on their performace.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Elitist Bitch posted:

Man, sure are a lot of people ready to just dismiss 23XI.

I can't imagine why this would be!

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

chamois posted:

I hope he does, but I'm not sure how you can say with confidence that Bubba will win a race. Right now he's a slight downgrade from Erik Jones at best. He might win a superspeedway race at some point but it's far from certain unless something changes significantly.

i mean it's impossible to say anything with certainty, so it's all conjecture at a certain point. he's a decent driver in good equipment so chances are pretty good he'll get Some Wins. he could also wash out, he could reel off 5 championships. who knows!

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

tbh jones has already far exceeded what i thought he'd be able to do in the 43

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

https://twitter.com/NASCAR_Xfinity/status/1373432894073475077

the dap from burton at the end is :discourse:

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

i have a feeling gragson's punishment is going to be "getting the poo poo kicked out of him by year's end"

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

https://twitter.com/NASCAR/status/1374813800642310149

https://www.foxsports.com/stories/nascar/iracing-enascar-chicago-street-course-bob-pockrass

this is really cool imo

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

that 96 car looks extremely good. i bet a cool dude designed it

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

yes this race is good and suarez coming out of nowhere has certainly helped that

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

race good

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I don't think "the hype" was ever that this was going to be some incredible perfect race, rather that it would be an interesting experiment that would potentially be a loving disaster. It almost was! But it wasn't.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

richmond's whole sponsorship deal in the spring is toyota and at-track hospitality for people who have toyotas so they probably held a contest outside the track or something

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

there's actually been pretty decent racing this year imo but the coke 600 is a great time to do anything else

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

It was Reddick who tweeted at Trump to gently caress off which really raised his standing in my book

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I think Suarez's issue at Gibbs was more that he was unprepared for that role after Edwards' sudden retirement and he hadn't really had the time to cook in Xfinity yet

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

that race kicked rear end

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

that all ruled

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

https://twitter.com/windVOW8820/status/1427024153375293443

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

https://twitter.com/maxpapis/status/1432527017333993472?s=19

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

i have bad news about 99% of race car drivers

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

bigbillystyle posted:

That was a fun series to watch. I really like the local driver aspect to it. I could do with a little bit less of the Paul Tracy professional wrestling aspect to it but it's not going to stop me from watching it. Like I get it, it's a show they're putting on so put on a show. Bang fenders, rub each other, wreck each other under yellow, whatever you want. But then don't get out of the car and do a wrestling promo. It just seemed like fake nonsense. Like are you really that mad dude? I guess PT maybe really was since he's kind of a nut but come on, just have fun with it.

that's SRX. we're talking xfinity

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

chamois posted:

racial slander in the garage is a remarkably bad way of summarizing what happened

it's because rick allen big time sucks at his job

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

chase is still a bitch. i am NOT mad

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

that attitude is why they're sticking around, so actually it sucks poo poo still

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

dibenedetto is a massive loving loser, it turns out

couldn't even commit to being a shithead chud for more than a week lmao

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

shame on an IGA posted:

hey so uhhh what are everyone's thoughts on the fact that Brian Vickers' wife is almost as deeply implicated in the Jeffrey Epstein thing as Ghislane herself?

the same as they were when it originally came up like two years ago, which is "huh, weird"

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

chamois posted:

i'll tell you what isn't approved: roasting me

i got bad news, nerd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

this rules