Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

Hail and slow motion snow on the start finish line.

This is fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

GET IN LOSERS, WE"RE GOING RACING

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

That kind of sucked.

Nuke the intermediates.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

I really have started to question if he has the raw ability to make it to the next level lately. He's great for the sport, don't get me wrong, he just seems to end up in a pinch or running out of talent more often than you would expect with that much publicity/hype.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

I can see about a Carl Edwards level career - wins when he's in a good setup, etc. He just doesn't seem to have that magic moment ability like a Davey Allison or Kyle Busch who will just pull off some loving wizard type poo poo every now and then. He's mediocre on intermediates, doesn't do well chasing the track conditions, and he's a terrible plate racer. Maybe the random Sonoma or Martinsville win.

Like I said, he's a great interview and has been a good ambassador for the changes NASCAR is trying to push so I definitely appreciate him.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

I should have bought tickets, dammit.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

Rain* race.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

Ramps on the straightaways.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

I'm not going to rest until I get cup cars on ramps.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

I watched the Nashville final race last night. The resolution wasn't great and the silenced ads were a little odd but it's nice to be able to catch up on them.

Weird, weird car but there's potential with the series.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

That's reeeeaaaaallll close to good enough for new thread title.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

Good winner, funny race.

I have to give Kyle credit, that was one of the better interviews of his career.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

Is it worth getting a scanner for an NHRA event? We're going to the zMax races soon. I know I'll need ear pro regardless but didn't know how useful scanners were at drag races.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

I've always loved teamwork at a plate track, DEI used to be amazing to watch when they would drop to the back, test a run to the front, drop to the back, etc.

Today was a perfect balance of team orders/cooperation and competition for an organization like that, I'd say.

I love superspeedways. :buddy:

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

No idea Max was a moron as well. That sucks, he's a great driver to watch.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

Waffle House was always the answer.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

Outlaw Mailman posted:

You know, the Chili Bowl with cup cars in a half full football stadium is exactly the kind of poo poo show I'd tune in for.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

You can always look into IPTV services as well, I've been fiddling with an Astranet setup to help augment UK/European sport coverage and it's pretty slick.

Between the rate hikes and the channel spats, YTTV is definitely getting on my nerves.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

Looks like a "short extension" has been agreed. At least handegg and plate racing will be watchable this weekend without shenanigans.

Edit:

"We’re thrilled to share that we’ve reached a deal with NBCUniversal to continue carrying the full NBCUniversal portfolio of channels, including their Regional Sports Networks and your local NBC station. That means you won’t lose access to any of their channels, and YouTube TV will continue to offer 85+ networks for $64.99* per month.

We appreciate NBCUniversal’s willingness to work toward an agreement, and we also appreciate your patience while we negotiated with them on your behalf. Thanks again for being a YouTube TV member."

mischief fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Oct 2, 2021

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

Downsley just popped up on my news aggregator. Whole thing is sketch.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

quote:

After developing a penchant for crashing cars early in his career, Townley would eventually develop into a respectable driver that enjoyed most of his success in the Truck Series.

Dude's not even in the dirt and they're dunkin' on him.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

Larson curb stomping this season.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

Know what I like watching at 2300? Not second tier stock cars.

Stupid.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

The 600 is a beast of a race to attend. I can't remember the section we last sat in but there's hospitality options that are covered coming out of turn 4 and it makes a huge difference in the experience. That's a long drat race.

Take a jacket regardless of where you sit, it'll end up colder than you expect.

Shoot me a PM if you go, I'll probably be around and would happily buy a fellow SASCAR goon a beer.

Edit: CBJ is on point, you want to be higher at that track. There are definitely seats lower but you won't see 3/4 of the race. Just like Michigan though you're obligated to walk down as close to the track as you can get for at least one restart, especially with the new car. They sound ridiculous.

mischief fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Dec 22, 2021

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

Pinecone Sample posted:

...you've gotta drink a hell of a lot of beer to make it worth it.

Feeling personally attacked right now.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

There are plenty of decent and reasonably priced hotels like five minutes from the track, that shouldn't be a problem.

I can get you a condo at the track but I think he quoted me like $15k for the weekend or something hilarious. :v:

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

I am confuse.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

Just when I thought I was out...

Got tickets for the 24 and for the Martinsville night race.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

I don't remember the Clash/Shootout/what the gently caress ever being good in a while now, much like the All-Star race. They keep loving around with rules and formats and it just kind of sucks to run essentially heat races on a plate track.

Put 'em on dirt and do something absolutely stupid, maybe it'll stick. I thoroughly enjoyed the 24 and hope that good racing karma continues to shine on us in the weekends to come. I guess I need to pick another driver but drat... not a lot of compelling options.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

It would at least be one funny corner.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

Man those live mics really show how fuckin' loud these things are. Looks louder than Bristol.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

Douchebag posted:

Make this the format for Martinsville and Bristol. Instead of 500 laps go with heats and LCQ’s. Much more fun to watch

I don't know how well it would do at Bristol but it could be incedible at Martinsville.
Not sure who we'd get as a halftime here though.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

All I'm saying is I'm watching a stream off MavTV Plus of the Lucas Oil Late Model race, pretty much to have some noise in the living room while I finish some laptop work, and the coverage totally loving dunks on what they gave us Sunday night.

Need more production people who actually watch racing to shoot a short track, otherwise it's just like putting some ADHD local you found outside the track in charge and JUMP CUT JUMP CUT JUMP CUT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

Door, Bumper, Clear is also very good.