Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

Solefald posted:

i highly recommend listening to Wardruna while playing because it's very very fitting and you don't have to listen to the trash in game music.

I'm loving this game but my partner keeps being a big grump because I want to establish a super safe settlement while he wants to traverse across the world in search for copper ore, oh nooo

The in-game music is very chill and good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

queeb posted:

i just tossed a portal to the forest near the water, set up chests there, and then fill those chests and boat it back

I made a small outpost with a portal and all the stuff to smelt in a small meadows area right next to the black forest. This way I don't have to transport most of the ore, but I still have a river nearby that I can get a boat when I need to.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah parry is really great. I almost exclusively use it co's dodging is really awkard with kb+mouse since you have to hold block then wasd+space and I can never get my muscle memory to do it.

Also, I'm having a great time solo so far. As long as you take your time and don't mind the grind it is just great fun.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Dandywalken posted:

Too early to tell. My dumbfuck friends are acting like it having a roadmap and the fact it sold a ton of copies means its going to have incredible support lol

Imo you need more item slots ingame. Weight is already there, having to constantly drop small poo poo to pick stuff up is annoying.

Apparently, they have been working on the game for only two years and the first year was just one guy making it alone. So, the fact that they made it so far and with so much content gives me a lot of hope that they might just pull it off.

Pigbottom fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Feb 13, 2021

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Fishstick posted:

I touch the Early Access stove pretty often and while I think the current mass popularity is probably something that's gonna fade, the game itself definitely has potential. What's there currently is worth the price of admission and is polished enough, but there's a lot of room for expansion and the dev(s) seem pretty on top of things, going back in dev update history.

For me it ticks a lot of boxes, just wish I had more people to play with :v.

My concern for it now it's how they are going to manage expectations from now on. I've heard some people on twitch making some really wild assumptions based solely on one or two words from their road map like this guy saying that he saw the word sandbox mode there and going on about how it will be a 35+ people mode with pvp with seemingly 0 proof or base for that.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

xzzy posted:

Finish this game as a chill build a base and beat bosses game, then in a couple years make Valheim 2 where the pve mode has you raid/conquer a randomly generated "Britain" with a boat full of your best friends. And the pvp version is invading other people's bases.

As the game stands now a pvp focus seems like it would be complete trash but there's an extremely loud population of gamers out there that believe being able to curbstomp other players is the only way to make a game fun so they're not going to be able to dodge it forever, I just hope it doesn't happen to this game.

:same:

The thing that most attracts me to this game is that it's a chill pve based survival and I've been waiting for something like that for a long time.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Speed 1 is a paddle to use when there is no wind. It's slow but it's not so bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

BobTheJanitor posted:

I'm another person who never would have touched the game if it didn't strip out all the things I dislike about survival games. Not having to watch a bunch of bars that drain ridiculously fast and constantly stuffing your face to avoid starving in 5 minutes is great. Free repairs and full material refunds when deconstructing things is great. And not forcing PvP where anyone can come along and make your life miserable is great. I know some people love it, and they're welcome to it, but I've never liked PvP being bolted on to the side of essentially PvE games. It's always jarring when they cross. Like playing solitaire and then someone runs up, sets fire to your cards, and punches you out.

I could not agree more, and as I said before I would love if rare looked at this game and had a change of heart about sea of thieves or someone would make a more carebear friendly version of that game. I'm crazy about pirate poo poo since I played monkey island as a kid but I just can't stand the forced pvp, it feels like I'm paying to be bullied.