Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thark
Mar 3, 2008

bork

explosivo posted:

Oh my god this cart is a literal game changer. Kind of a pain in the rear end to weave around trees on a return trip when it's full and slow as hell but this is so much better than making back and forth runs all the time for resources.

Also the cart is definitely harder to pull when fully loaded. Trying to drag it uphill with 2000 weight units on ore was ... a struggle.

The fact that it's another 30 or whatever inventory slots is pretty sweet. Meanwhile the karve has 4 which is pretty piddly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thark
Mar 3, 2008

bork

dogstile posted:

It's a Swedish studio, this is literally based on their mythology. The world isn't based around America, lol. gently caress off.

To be fair, neonazis tend to have a hardon for the Our Glorious Viking Heritage over here. But if you're going to not cover any part of history that nationalists somewhere are into you're going to be pretty limited. Also not like the game features Our Glorious Forefathers Raiding The Weak Southron or whatever.

thark
Mar 3, 2008

bork
So I kill the Elder, find one little patch of swamp with zero crypts, go sailing looking up and down the coastline(s) for more swamp...

...three hours later...

(Of course five minutes after grabbing the screencap I found it in the one direction I hadn't yet gone from where I started the journey.)

e: Or zero minutes later since you can see it behind the map

thark
Mar 3, 2008

bork
So uh

this haul was from ONE crypt...

(And of course not enough, but still.)

thark
Mar 3, 2008

bork
Whack guck, get guck, make green-colored banner. (It hasn't unlocked any other recipes for me.)

thark
Mar 3, 2008

bork

Sankis posted:

Kinda. I've had them stay still only to get physics hosed by storms or just physics hosed in general.

On the bright side if they get destroyed everything drops, even the materials to make it

Except they might drop at the bottom of the water inaccessibly. RIP my longboat and in particular the iron nails used to make it, which I didn't have enough iron on hand to replace (said longboat being used to fetch said iron). At least the cargo dropped as a couple of floating boxes.

thark
Mar 3, 2008

bork

Quill posted:

Oh, don't you worry about running out of trolls.

I recommend building some stake walls around your shelter.

I had a stone perimeter wall, the ground shook, and the drat troll spawned inside the outer wall and smashed half my house before I realized what was going on.

thark
Mar 3, 2008

bork
I've had upwards of 100 iron from a single crypt at times. (I now have iron everything fully upgraded barring the weapons I don't use, which was probably overkill.)

So, just in case you didn't think hauling copper/tin/iron ore was bad enough, silver ore is 20% heavier still and dragging a cart across a mountainside is certainly ... something.

thark
Mar 3, 2008

bork

explosivo posted:

Jesus, yeah I've been sailing around and have seen 5 swamp biomes so far and so far they've all been real small with no crypts in them. This latest one I found is still small so I think this crypt is the only one in there. But it's also plugged up with goop so I have to mine it out to go in further.

I've had some swamp areas with no crypts and some with plenty. Also crypts where I pulled out like 100+ iron (slime and chests combined) and some that were three rooms full stop. Probably most hilarous was a teeny island literally just 10x10 feet of swamp with a crypt on it. Also as said in a previous post I sailed around for like 2-3 hours before finding a second swamp after the first one I found had zero crypts.

thark
Mar 3, 2008

bork
I'm sure this journey will go totally fine and not be any kind of struggle. (spoiler: it was)

I actually kind of love that handcarts clearly get more difficult to pull the heavier the load. At 3000+, the angle of incline you can get it up is ... not much.

Also, the silver sword takes a lot silver to upgrade jesus christ. I have the armor maxed out (except there didn't seem to be a helmet so I'm guessing there's a material or a drop I've missed) but after that trip I think I'll forego full weapon upgrades.

Also also, that's twice now the goddamn ground shaking trolls have spawned inside my perimeter and wrecked half my building before I could react goddamit.

thark
Mar 3, 2008

bork
The fourth boss felt a bit janky, landed and seemed to get himself stuck among trees for long stretches and really didn't pose much of a threat as I plonked him with arrows. It got a hairy when a rock golem decided to join the fight towards the end, he caused a lot more grief than the actual boss. And really the biggest problem was finding where the hell the boss drops ended up in a snowstorm afterwards.

thark
Mar 3, 2008

bork

Broken Cog posted:

So, I decided to take a trip far out to see if I could find some sizeable mountain biomes, and uhm... (spoilers)

I thought plains were supposed to be the last biome

I saw the label pop up while out sailing and noped out in fear before actually seeing land.

thark
Mar 3, 2008

bork
There is absolutely a wheelbarrow but you need a bit of metal to build it.

E:F/B

thark
Mar 3, 2008

bork
Oh you thought you were done with iron? Surprise, the plains armor also needs iron bars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thark
Mar 3, 2008

bork

TeaJay posted:

I absolutely love the fact that in a reverse ARPG trope the toughest enemies in the game are goblins and mosquitoes.

Haha, didn't think of if that way until you stated it explicitly but so true.

Also the final tier of armor currently in game is "padded" which sounds like starter tier or maybe the next tier after leather. (I recall that being what one of the lowest tiers of armor was in the major swedish TRPG when I was young which I could imagine these devs also being familiar with.)

Fuling villages are no joke, I've been killed more than once after getting fully upgraded padded.

I suspect I will never really manage to raise my skills beyond their current level since I seem to die again just about when I've regained my last loss.