Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

I feel like I've fought a bunch of abominations yet only had enough material to craft, like, a mask. The tediousness of fighting enough of them to max out a set of the root armor seems unthinkable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Spent ~2 hours taming a wolf with all that goes into that "experience".

Oh, that's cool, they'll follow you!

Proceed to run around the meadow area and watch as it kills animals for a few minutes. Kind of cool.

Turn around and it's gone. Disappeared. No idea where it is. Logged out and came back in and it's still gone.

Is this "working as intended" and I did something wrong to cause him to poof? One of the most unsatisfactory and frustrating experiences I've had in game in quite awhile.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

LLSix posted:

Did the wolf spawn at night? I remember there being an issue with wolves (and boars) that spawn at night despawning after being tamed in some circumstances.

I don't know when it spawned but I brought it from the Mountain during the day.

pik_d posted:

Next time tame two wolves so you can make more wolves so you can still have the others back at base when you take some out hunting.

Yeah I should have done this for sure. Oh well.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

pik_d posted:

Holy poo poo, growths are so brutal. The slow down effect compounded with the knockback and poison. You can just get chainbumped/slowed to death so easily.

Edit: The answer was fire arrows and lead them to a lox

Easily one of the most infuriating mobs, if not #1 on the list. They have a pretty big agro range, too.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

anatomi posted:

What are some of your favourite mods that y'all use?

AnyPortal -- allows for selection of any destination portal, rather than requiring a 1:1 origin/destination pairing; i.e. build one "Main Base" portal and then just select my destination portal from it.

TorchesEternal -- fires, torches, etc. all burn infinitely and don't require wood / resin upkeep.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Black Griffon posted:

Speaking of mods, are there any I should pick up?

Echoing this but for those mods that are geared to expand on the current game in terms of new content. There are a few mods that add new monsters / NPCs to the game. One of them is sea creatures, for example. Anyone tried those?

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Ravenfood posted:

I still have seen maybe two serpents.

Go out to sea at night, and especially during a storm.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

quote:

An important thing to note is that the Mistlands biome will only generate in areas you have not yet discovered. Therefore, if you have explored a lot of your world, you might be better off starting a new one in order to actually be able to travel to the Mistlands.

I think we've only explored 40% or so of our map, so I'm inclined not to start a new world; however, I recall someone talking about a mod that populates areas you've explored with new content. Does anyone have the name of that mod?

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

My friend unlocked new recipes when he picked up serpent meat and a tuna; however, when I picked up the same items, I didn't get any new recipes. I did get a new recipe from a trollfish, but that was it. Any one have any idea what is going on there?

Edit: To clarify, I don't have the new recipes when I go to the cooking station, so it's not like I just didn't see the message.

Sand Monster fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Dec 6, 2022

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

pik_d posted:

The recipe with the tuna also requires having touched an Ulv trophy. There is no new recipe with the serpent meat, but there is one with the serpent trophy.

Thanks, that explains it.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

The Atomic Man-Boy posted:

Also, do enemies only spawn in the mists in the mistlands biome? I found a neat little mistlands archipelago which is just a bunch of rocks jutting out of the water, and no mists to be seen. If I build a base there, will I get owned? I just beat moder.

I've fought seekers along the shoreline and very much not in the mist areas of the biome, so I assume the answer is "no".

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Oxyclean posted:

I think there is one raid that can happen anywhere? "You are being hunted"?

Yes, the wolves that hunt you down. I'm not sure if it's "anywhere" but I've had it happen seemingly in random locations when I'm away from my base.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Icon Of Sin posted:

The ocean waves in this game during a storm are obscenely cool, what the gently caress. They’re actually reminding me of being on a cruise ship and seeing 20-30ft monster waves off the sides.

Also, my longship got caught in a trough between 2 wave crests, and I’m pretty sure it took damage as the waves tried to fold it in half. I’m not entirely sure, because trying to sail through a storm is a fool’s errand and I’m the perfect fool for it :v:

Just wait until the sea serpent attacks you during a storm at sea for added fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Haven't played for awhile (before the Hildir's Quest patch was added). Will she spawn in any area, randomly, whether previously explored or not? And for the dungeons that were added in that patch, same question -- is it like Mistlands was and if I had explored an area where they were "supposed" to be, they won't spawn?