Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Behotti
Apr 30, 2008
Fun Shoe
I personally like the ability to teleport my guy from the progress world, back to the peaceful world where I can chop wood, hunt, whatever in relative peace. I would really like a minecraft-esq "peaceful" mode so when I really just want to build, I can do that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Behotti
Apr 30, 2008
Fun Shoe

xzzy posted:

I'm trying to avoid diving in to this game on youtube and ruining all the discovery, but I need to know what the combat is like for this as I am thinking of convincing my wife to get this with me. Posts up above say it's not super hard, so that's good, but are there any mainstream games that it closely compares to? She's decent at games but will not really enjoy super intricate mechanics.

The combat isn't really that difficult. The hardest part is managing stamina, and knowing when you're out matched. Aside from that, sometimes I feel like when using a spear, the hit detection doesn't align with what I think it should, for example often times I have to aim higher than what I think I should. I am bad at games and I manage alright.

Behotti
Apr 30, 2008
Fun Shoe
I've had issue with the standard door, getting in and out when building shacks/long houses/abominations. I've switched to using gates, big and stronk. Is this me just being a dumdum or has anyone else had issues? I've tried with a floor on either side of the door way and I just seem to get stuck if I have anything in my hand at worst and at best nothing in my hands I just have to keep ramming my stupid face into the door frame to get in.

Behotti
Apr 30, 2008
Fun Shoe
Welcome to my hovel!

Here is the outer wall with main gate. You can see how this hovel has expanded. The left rectangle being the initial build. The large middle rectangle is actually Large Middle Rectangle 2.0, having recently gone through a complete rebuild and rework. And further on the right, the little rectangle is the newest addition where kilns live. You'll see when we get inside. And the furthest right wall circle is where our piggies live!

Welcome, come inside, won't you?

Obligatory Troll Trophy.

Come have a nice sit by the fire. I mounted my Stagbreaker to the wall, she served me well. We can see the start of the Wall o Chests.

The Wall o Chests in all of her glory! Also, a master piece of art created by my friend.

Here we see the work bench and upgrades, plus part of the chest wall.

Opposite that are the forge and smelters.

Alongside the smelters are the kilns.

Opposite the kilns are the stairs to the Loft.

The loft is kept smoke free thanks to the lifted roof. Also, guard rails have been placed along the Ventilation Hole™ to prevent babby Vikings from falling into the fire.

Also located in the loft is a nice area to eat your berries and shrooms.

Let's go out the back door, shall we?

Out back is our piggie enclosure. I count 4 little ones in this picture, that's 2 more than I previously saw! Somebody is busy!

Thanks for visiting! I hope you enjoyed my garbage photography skills!

Behotti
Apr 30, 2008
Fun Shoe

My buddy just got Valheim tonight, this is his private bedroom in his first house, I gave him some decoration for his wall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Behotti
Apr 30, 2008
Fun Shoe

Loezi posted:

(from reddit)

This isn't getting enough love, and that puts me at a loss.