Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NuckmasterJ
Aug 9, 2008
Grimey Drawer
Have any of you goons made highways for carts yet? I've been trying to progress into Bronze but its such a slog as a solo player, trying to move copper and tin, then finding Pine trees and going a bit ham on them too. I was trying to build a mini highway into the Dark Forest with the Hoe's pathing tool but its pretty rough.

Do you goons just auto run back and fourth with a few pickaxes for a few hours to get enough bronze to beefcake it up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NuckmasterJ
Aug 9, 2008
Grimey Drawer

Fart Car '97 posted:

If you're wondering "should I play this game?" I think the best way to describe it as a survival game that's akin to a legacy board gam. It's most enjoyable when played from the start with a small, consistent group of people (4-8) playing on a persistent map working towards the same goal. There are other ways to play, i.e. jumping in for a session on other's servers, or solo, but they are both not optimal and cause you to miss out on the best parts of the game.

I think its also important to point out the game is VERY forgiving. Repairing items takes no resources (thank goodnesss for that) and if you want to move something you've built you can destroy the item and get all the crafting materials refunded. This has been huge for me, because it used all the surtling cores my island has on smelters and kilns in a pretty bad location.

Thanks to quick and easy disasemmbly and a cart I was able to just move my entire base to a newer, bigger location for free!

*EDIT Question; I built a new larger base, its flat roofed with support beams to hold up the roof. I made a bunch of half wall windows to you know, make it plesent. Well I just had a rain storm and now my entire structure is at half health. Is it because the windows? Or does wood have to be protected by actual "Roof" materials?

NuckmasterJ fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Feb 12, 2021

NuckmasterJ
Aug 9, 2008
Grimey Drawer

Midgetskydiver posted:

Loot is 100% sharable and things are unlocked by picking up items.

So drop the loot, have your wife pick it up, whatever it is, and she will unlock everything you do.

As for resources, most of them become renewable or location-specific. Flint and tin are the two you kind of just have to wander around looking for. You'll eventually be able to plant trees and fell them, and find big ore deposits as you explore.

Are there larger tin deposits in the world, or is it limited to those tiny bloops in a few small locations?

NuckmasterJ
Aug 9, 2008
Grimey Drawer

Inzombiac posted:

Okay, the raven implied that I need to start digging down for new resources but when I get a couple feet down I just got water?

Also, I met a large fellow in the black woods and got him down to a sliver of health, I was feeling cheeky so I pulled out my knife for a coup de grace and he turned me in to mist.

It's so far away from camp!!!!

I'm not sure where you are digging, but I think he was trying to give you hints that the Copper despoits are not just the surface bloops. If you dig down around them you can find big rear end chunks under the dirt and rocks. You'll need to build open pit mines to get it all.

NuckmasterJ
Aug 9, 2008
Grimey Drawer

Broken Cog posted:

The Stagbreaker might not be a good weapon, but drat if it isn't funny to use.

Also, tin being non-renewable isn't such a big deal, since it's everywhere and you get 4-5 from each node. I have a much harder time finding enough copper.

Have you dug down under where the copper was located? I've started finding huge secondary copper deposits that go into the ground.

NuckmasterJ
Aug 9, 2008
Grimey Drawer

Broken Cog posted:

Honestly, it's not as much a problem with supply as it is with taking a long-rear end time to mine out. Not to mention that you need 2 copper for each 1 tin for a bar of bronze.
I usually just mark every node I run past if I explore in a black forest biome, and return for them later.

Hmm, are you using a Copper Pickaxe with upgrades? I'm seeing 3 to 5 hits to break apart a chunk of copper with my lvl 2 Copper Pickaxe. I agree its still slow, however its significantly faster then the antler pickaxe.

NuckmasterJ
Aug 9, 2008
Grimey Drawer
I hope that one day in the future the Dev(s) add in a way for the player to adjust the amount of ores received when mining. Its the best way to deal with the community on this issue in my opinion.

People with a ton of time on their hands and don't seem to mind the grinding for metals hours and hours and hours can continue in their journey of self harm, whereas someone like me who the world has deemed to be so essential i need to work 10-12 hours a day, 6 days a week since last march to keep the world rotating can set the drop rate to double what it is now just so I can not spend an entire week of play time just getting some bronze together.

This is still a fun game, but if the time sink or iron remains insane when I finally progress to Iron I'm going to have to nope out of this game. :(

NuckmasterJ
Aug 9, 2008
Grimey Drawer
Wait, you what now? You go to a different seed, find a dark forest and load yourself down with stacks upon stacks of copper, then log out and back into your original seed which is still saved and you load into where your bed is?

NuckmasterJ
Aug 9, 2008
Grimey Drawer
Can we talk about how Odin is a loving dick for always making the wind always blow the wrong loving direction? Seriously Odin, I want to go around my island and map it a bit. I cant do that if you won't ever let me go south when I turn on my kitty sea shantys and jump in the boat. :( Stupid Odin dick wind.

EDIT* Ultimate Odin dick move, after posting this the wind immediately does a 180Degree turn.

NuckmasterJ fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Feb 15, 2021

NuckmasterJ
Aug 9, 2008
Grimey Drawer
Hey goons, so I finally beat the second boss then went exploring to find a swamp. Well I found one, parked on the shore and ended up getting poisoned and died. Then I built another boat and came back naked to get my stuff. Everything was going fine until a giant slime blob thing flew through the air onto my boat. I killed it after it farted on me, then another smaller blob thing leapt out over the water onto my boat and I killed his rear end too. Then I died from the poison and my grave marker fell through the boat, as my boat slowly reversed away from land.

So obvious question; is my entire top tier bronze suit at the bottom of the ocean, or still in the boat? If its at the bottom of the ocean... Do I need to kill the elder boss again for a swamp key, because it was on my body, on the boat :( :( :(

NuckmasterJ
Aug 9, 2008
Grimey Drawer

GruntyThrst posted:

If you can’t get it back then yes, you’ll have to redo boss 2

Oof. I guess he wasn't that hard. Its just regrinding a full suit of bronze plus mace/shield +3 and pickaxe +3. It hurts. A lot.

NuckmasterJ
Aug 9, 2008
Grimey Drawer

GruntyThrst posted:

Your grave marker should be floating where you died, but it may have glitched when it fell through the boat?

I cant get to it, my original antler bone picks are missing and my copper went down with the ship. I have to start again and kill the first boss, then regrind bronze, re-equip and build another boat, then go back and see if anything is there.

Big oof.

NuckmasterJ
Aug 9, 2008
Grimey Drawer

raverrn posted:

Building a raft shouldn't require bronze.

I don't see a reason to build a raft, lol. Its so brutally slow. I would rather grind out the 4 bronze and build a slow but not molasses slow ship.

*UPDATE* So when your killed on your boat your grave stone sits on top of the water. Just drive up beside it and make sure your inventory is empty as it will just throw everything into your inventory at once then vanish. So happy I got my swamp key back!

NuckmasterJ fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Feb 16, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NuckmasterJ
Aug 9, 2008
Grimey Drawer

Bussamove posted:

New complaint: Trying to build anything with real height to it for the first time, and my roof keeps collapsing no matter how much I shore it up. Do supports actually matter or does it just count distance/number of pieces between it and the ground? I've seen conflicting information.

Your support needs to reach the point its supporting in less pieces then anything else. The 4 Meter log posts work really well as supports because they are much taller then a wall piece.