Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
Third boss is a trashheap poo from a butt double garbage right now, btw.

Also everything to do about the swamp tier, but the boss particularly.

Game good, it's less EA then most but it still has some hiccups in the early-mid game that need to be padded out and, ofc, it's not actually done yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Spanish Matlock posted:

I don't know if you can unpassword a server. I think there's some kind of problem with it in the game. On the other hand, this very much isn't Rust so these aren't meant to be 40 person servers. There's no way to protect your stuff until 2.5 biomes in or so, so they're not really public server friendly.

servers also can't really handle like six people being in the same spot, so.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Lincolnstein posted:

I might just be a baby but the poison tick from a slime is a little harsh, and I loving hate them. :)

no, poison is the worst and the swamp is the worst because of it

leeches will get you too, so be careful about stepping your feet in the water

third boss cheese strat: the third boss is a slime, so they're technically weak to blunt like most things in the swamp. An iron mace will do well, but an iron hammer keeps you out of reach. Or you can opt not to do the iron grind and do some trips to your local mountain first and make stacks of frost arrows, which do full damage+. Given it's literally the lovely dark souls 2 boss and also in the poo poo hole of the swamp, just... get the frost arrows.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

mkvltra posted:

What's the trick or hint for finding Surtling Cores? My group and I stumbled into the only cave we've found so far, only for there to be a giant troll and a dead end tunnel.

You can find them for loot in forest dungeons as said, but Surtlings themselves will spawn in swamps if you can manage to stumble across one.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

devs sometimes need to do things to make sure players do something in an intended way, cuz players are dumb and will do the unfun stuff as opposed to the cool stuff like setting up bases and making grand journeys home with all your loot

otherwise people would just carry portal fixings with them and what is the point of anything

Broken Cog posted:

Anyone done the third boss solo and got some tips? Gave him a shot but had to retreat because gently caress that.
Already have poison resistance potions mead.

frost arrows do full damage if you want to do archery cheese still, it's not to hard to run around the mountain.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

AndrewP posted:

is there an easier way to get leather scraps besides hunting the mythical rare boar that I can never find anywhere?

mark berries and important spawns like boar/deer/trolls on your map

they respawn in the same spot, plus or minus some wandering. do a run every few in game days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Canuckistan posted:

Well, V Rising doesn't let you teleport with ANY harvested resources. So, in that way it's worse than Valheim.

There's actually a server setting for that.