Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
Post-Elder spoilers, maybe?

I'm being watched! :stonk: I thought I saw something at the edge of a black forest I was exploring, but I wasn't sure if it was real or if I imagined it. Then he showed up near my base, clear as day; nearly gave he a heart attack! Who is he, what does he want, is this about to turn into some survival horror poo poo?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream

OwlFancier posted:

I don't really see the point in black metal because whatever the goblins themselves are made out of is obviously the better building material.

Just let me crush them into bricks and make stuff out of them.

Goblinite might be a euphemism in dwarf fortress but in this game it should be real.

I've taken to calling the 1-star guys Kobe Beef Goblins because Jesus loving Christ. I haven't seen any 2-stars yet, I can't imagine how bad they are. :gonk:

The plains in general are a bit of a smorgasbord for those kinds of moments. The first time I sailed up that way I thought "oh hey this place looks nice! I should take a closer look!", and then I got 1-shot by a mosquito before I even made it to shore.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
Have Furlings started spawning inside peoples homes or am I just getting really unlucky? I'm set up in a meadow on the border of a black forest by the way.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream

Scaramouche posted:

RE: Modders, they also kind of by definition are usually just modifying code already place (obviously not all) by adding assets, rulesets, etc. Whereas devs are often replumbing underlying stuff that might not be a sexy bullet point. The initial readme this implies that was happening on the HH expansion too, but whether it helps advance future stuff, or was just rejiggering how food/construction works is not clear.

On that note, it'll be interesting to see if they do anything with liquids going forward because I am pretty sure this game did not have proper liquid physics at all until a few days ago. Thats something I could see them (either the devs or the modders) potentially getting really creative with.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
Is there some trick to fighting seekers that I'm just not getting? I have died in Mistlands far more often and much more frequently than anywhere else in the game, even Plains when I was just starting out there. All the bugs seem insanely tanky, especially the warriors. I just lost basically all my poo poo beyond recovery because one killed me in the rear end-end of nowhere before I had a chance to set up a portal, and this was with decent food, full padded armor and that giant 2-hander they just added in. I hear they're supposed to be weaker to elemental attacks but even that doesn't seem to matter much when I tried using fire arrows on them.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
Is there a go-to mod for snapping farming items onto a grid? I know FarmGrid exists but I don't think its been updated for more than 2 years now; unless it still works fine even after all the recent patches?

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream

pik_d posted:

Yes FarmGrid still works

Thanks for the heads up, I just finished planting and harvesting two crops and oh my loving god this mod makes farming so much more tolerable. No more spending like a solid hour just planting crops because the game expects you to basically eyeball the minimum safe distance between every single loving sheaf of barely.

I really wish this was a feature in the base game. I kind of wonder if it will be at some point, it seems kind of noteworthy that you still can't plant thistle and only get one bronze-tier piece of equipment for actually farming poo poo so maybe they're planning another pass on that down the line? Maybe they'll add a plough as a higher-tier version of the cultivator at some point, or add something that lets you cultivate biome-specific crops in other locations? It seems like there's a lot you could do there to flesh things out a bit and make it a little less tedious overall.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
I thiiiink it goes away permanently if you stand there long enough for the full track to play out but don’t quote me on that.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
Did they ever fix the bug where boats randomly smash themselves to bits? A big part of why I burned out last time was because I lost my 3rd longboat that way and didn’t have near enough resources to replace it.

Otherwise are there any tips to mitigate that problem? I’m in the middle of trying to move my base into the plains so I’m not sure what the best course of action would be there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
I've been playing solo on a save I've been running since EA launch and I'm really curious to see how hosed up the firelands terrain generation gets around the areas I've already explored.