Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
fought the first boss and a tree it smashed down fell on it and killed it for me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
Cool, our dedicated server dropped everything from our world - can see what we have explored but all buildings are gone

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

Midgetskydiver posted:

That sucks man. I've started making periodic backups of our world to avoid this.

:(

Frustrating but after spending two nights searching swamps for crypts and finding none I’m ok with a new world, keeping character inventory is a decent enough head start.

The host I use has setup their own fallback when they started getting tickets in so that’s nice

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
FWIW I’ve been playing with some friends on a server and the farming grind has been a lot easier but doesn’t go away altogether and I don’t mind the building part. Having said that, sailing around on a boat exploring and fighting is good times and pretty much all my brother does and it has a death grip on his spare time at the moment.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

Cobbsprite posted:

.Couple of questions as I'm 20 hours into this game - What's the max comfort rating you can pick up? Highest I'm seeing is 8, but I don't know if that's an absolute limit or not. Is there a way to just ... destroy items so they aren't eating inventory space or laying on the ground somewhere?

This little area was comfort 10 before I added some other stuff and I didn’t really look again after that, buff lasts for 17 minutes I think?

And for deleting items, just drop them outside of workbench radius and they despawn in a day or so.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

Woden posted:

How do you get cheats to work?

I open the console, typed "iamacheater" but nothing works and all the commands under "help" stay the same. I even tried starting the world as multiplayer but nada, is this maybe a Linux issue or am I just being dumb?

It’s “imacheater”, drop the a

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
We built a pool with a viewing platform and gate doors out to the ocean and dragged a serpent in with the harpoon. Viking SeaWorld is open folks.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
Uhhhhhhh do trophies you have hung up talk to you? or am I seeing poo poo

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

TasogareNoKagi posted:

Any time I so much as touch the Ocean biome things get stormy and the waves get big enough to damage my boat. Is that just how the Ocean is, or because I'm only in a Karve?

Nah happens pretty randomly I have found regardless of what boat I’m in

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

Saxophone posted:

I'm sure modding will take care of this if the devs don't, but I'd love it if trophies on item placards had this effect, and/or have wooden carvings that do it. The former is a cool not to be hosed with element warning off baddies, and the wooden totem type carvings would just be cool and useful. Certainly better than a landscape littered with drat benches.

Dig hole, build workbench, fill hole. Still functions but workbench is hidden.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
I did awhile back, I keep automated backups with my host now.

Wishing there was another way to get iron right now, feels like it’s the only ongoing ore sink needed? Copper and bronze are easy, silver we have pretty well passed over and the final one we will use for gear then not need I guess?

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
I use a sword because I got sick of wearing my axe down fighting idiots who won’t leave me alone

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
Found a use for all the skele head trophies we have and a visual reminder to stop friends from wandering into the danger portal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
waiting for friends to catch up so I claimed the north