Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Warrior Princess
Sep 29, 2014

What?

OgNar posted:

The Sea Serpent is the one thing that blocks single player games from progressing.
Most of your later ore MUST be transported over water (most likely).
And not until the 3rd tier of boat can you possibly go fast enough and thats still a random chance.

You know you can just press e to stop driving the boat and then shoot at it with a bow, right? I have a basic fine wood bow and flint arrows, and it’s dead or flees before the boat gets down to 75-80% hp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warrior Princess
Sep 29, 2014

What?

idiotsavant posted:

Honestly combat feels like BOTW with more forgiving parry timing. Bows work a little differently but they’re easy to figure out.

Btw everyone in the previous Survival thread saying bows suck until the 2nd tier is wrong - you can absolutely wreck poo poo just fine with the first bow. The biggest thing is to use better arrows. Flint arrows and a starter bow can get you up to the second boss pretty easy as long as you take a little time to learn to aim. 2nd tier bow definitely shoots better but the starter puts in work.

For sure, the first bow is serviceable, but consider that all you have to do is chop some beech trees down in the vicinity of a birch tree then spend maybe 5 minutes body slamming logs into the birch to get a bow that’s better in every way.

Warrior Princess
Sep 29, 2014

What?
I don’t know if this was mentioned already irt portaling with ores, but here’s your cheese if you don’t have time to travel with ore.

Mine up ore, store in crates near where you gather it or whatever. Log off with ore in chests.
Make a single player world, build a hut full of empty chests, log off in it.
Log back on first world, stuff your inventory to the gills with ore. Log off.
Log onto second single player world, stuff all the ore into chests. Log off.
Log back onto first world, portal home and get near your base storage. Log off.
Log back onto single player world, grab ore, log off.
Log back into first world, shove ore into boxes.

There’s your solution to not being able to teleport ores, until they nerf it somehow.

Warrior Princess
Sep 29, 2014

What?

Im_Special posted:

^^ Just Cheat Engine, sheesh.

Also how big are your saves getting? My World save is already 50+MB's... and like a tiny tiny fraction of this map is explored, do these things balloon to 200-500MBs eventually?

No
I literally called it cheese. I like boat rides.