Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?

Wallrod posted:

My favourite silly touch so far is being able to parry projectiles and have it stagger the shooter. I found it pretty useful for doing meaningful damage to skeleton archers early on.

What is the parry system? Just Block right when they attack?

edit: Even without parry I've found the combat to be pretty easy on solo. The dodge iframes are very generous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Dark Off posted:

Bad things:
-snapping things together to build things is horrible

What don’t you like about the snapping system? You can use Shift to turn it off.

So far building has been my absolute favorite thing about the game. The only thing I want right now is a fine rotation option

LASER BEAM DREAM fucked around with this message at 12:11 on Feb 13, 2021

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Jusupov posted:

In those cases I built platforms around the structure, can even do a whole walkway then tear it down in the end

This is exactly what I was going to say. It's so much easier to have barebones scaffolding around the structure. That said, I'm building my first bridge today, so we'll see.

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Im_Special posted:

I'm wondering how saves work regarding the backups it does ie. Savewhatever.old, do they update on logout/quit? Because I think mine are broke, I played this game some today but my Saves.old have modified times dated from the 10th, so they aren't being replace with newer backups, I'm just worried that if my game saves corrupt I won't have something to fall back on.

I saw this as well when I looked in the %appdata% folder. I have the same so I think that may have been from a one time upgrade or DB change with a patch. I’ve been taking daily backups of the full folder.

edit: The path default path is c:\users\%username%\AppData\LocalLow\IronGate if anyone else is interested.

LASER BEAM DREAM fucked around with this message at 13:40 on Feb 13, 2021

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

It's not possible to dig tunnels, is it?

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

KirbyKhan posted:

The boar sound effect is the same one from WoW right? It really feels like I am farming bear asses in elwynn forest to level my cooking just to get a lvl 2 bench.

I knew that sounded familiar!

edit: Hmm, it's close. Maybe not the same though. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ww69PNN4jVc

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Has anyone seen grass grow back? I'm near day 100 in solo and my original base still has bare patches from where I first leveled the ground.

edit: Nevermind, apparently the cultivator does this.

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

CRAYON posted:

Yep, exactly this. Queue the you've cheated yourself and the game meme.

I've decided I'm going to play the game "correctly" until I unlock and upgrade everything. After that, I just want to build stuff.

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

I just built my first boat and am seeing why there are all the complaints about the wind. I read about tacking before in nautical books, used to make headway against the wind. Does it work here? If so how?

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Bussamove posted:

Leveling is very much a “well that looks good enough” sort of thing. You eventually get a feel for how to make slopes and stuff but for me at least one misclick and my walls are floating and I’m losing my mine raising the ground again to make it look good.

Finally all my time finessing ground leveling in Cities Skylines has paid off. Once you get a feel for the AOE and height indicator you can cut decent slopes.

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Most of my little compound is humble, but I like my shelving. I'm about to do a rebuild/expansion with stone, so hopefully, I can bring the rest up to par.

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

dialhforhero posted:

So I just started seeing the reaper / dementor looking figure, too. Are you saying that is actually Odin and not a mob?

The first time he spawned for me I put an arrow through his forehead, but it just clipped through.

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

This is a normal morning from the walls of my home. Meat has not been an issue :)

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

I'm tempted to start over for this update, but I don't want to burn out on this game with so many updates to come. Maybe I'll go from the start, up to swamps, and then bring over my silver( or is it steel?) from my OG save?

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

I'm rejoining for Mistlands and realize I've basically forgotten how to play since binging the game in the first two weeks.

How long would it take me from starting fresh to get to the new content if I bring a pickaxe and the weight belt?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

A story in two pictures.

I was just adding windows when the trolls came. I had no health, and my chests were unsorted.

Consider building a modest wall around your brand new post-swamp house during home contruction. Also, have some food and potions ready to go, in a place thats clearly marked.

I haven't been as mad at a game as I was last night since childhood, and it was entirely my fault.