Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Anime Store Adventure posted:

An average of 30 hours is probably exactly how long it takes for people to get to the part where they figure out endgame sucks, assuming they can actually login and play. There’s nothing wrong with a 30 hour game, but I feel like a looter shooter’s goal is to become a gigantic time vampire.

that's all I played it for, 40 or so hours, and then I'll come back again when there is some DLC and new content. Have no interest in the gear optimization treadmill.

But I genuinely enjoyed that stupid game, it's story, and it's powers, and will be happy to play more when I don't need to optimize everything as that part's not fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
It's too little, but probably not too late.

Like standard procedure if they actually do have "bigger" plans and reworks coming is to just finish that. and tie it together with whatever their next content they wanted to release with a media/marketing push.

Most people have probably checked out. Do the quick semi balancing stuff for the people who are still playing and finding fun. and then just release whatever content you have planned with the larger changes to expeditions and the like.

Will they pull it off, I wouldn't bet on it, but it's almost never too late if you are given the time and money to actually fix stuff. They said this wasn't a live game at launch and they'd be supporting it with expansions or whatever nonsense. So I figure they at least get one of those to try and change their game's narrative.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Yeah man I dunno I haven't gone through the trials stuff yet, but I enjoyed my time with it. Soloing it on apoc level 13.