Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I'm not a big fan of the setting change; Eriador is much less interesting than Rhovanion just because it's such well-trodden ground.

The mechanical changes do seem pretty solid, though, agreed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Anyone have a chance to actually play 2e yet? I'm curious whether the stuff GimpInBlack posted bears out or not.

GimpInBlack posted:

My personal feeling (and admittedly this is just from reading and crunching some numbers, so maybe there's another dimension in play that I'm missing) is that, while overall I like the vast majority of the rules changes, the changes to how TN is calculated and the effects of spending Hope represent a significant downgrade in player heroes' odds of success.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
The paper quality on the core book is odd - I'm used to glossy paper for high-production-value hardbacks, but Fria Ligan decided to go with what feels like completely uncoated paper?

It made the book feel oddly fragile when I started leafing through it, but the grammage is solid and the papery texture actually does contribute to the rulebook feeling like you're perusing a tome and not reading a textbook.