Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
The one ring really is one of the best designed RPGs I've seen. Its very impressive how much it understands the source material and translates that into RPG rules incredibly. I'm tossing up the price but the first edition was excellent and I'm curious how its going to the region, which is a lot less fleshed out than the past game's location.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Gameko posted:

Anyone care to dissect what made the systems so unique? If all the PCs are just dudettes in the wilderness what separates the characters mechanically?

the main things are the big focus on journeys and mental/emotional wellbeing, there's a lot of things that really match the source material well though, like the skillsets, valour and wisdom, room for non-combat, etc. A proper dissection would really take a whole fatal and friends writeup really.