Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

Hello folks and welcome to a DDT gdt im not nearly as knowledgeable about the ddt roster as the tjpw so apologies for any mistakes.

Miuzki Watase/Hideki Okatani vs Yusuke Okada and Toi Kojima

Not hugely familiar with any of these dudes so I assume it is a rookie match.

KO-D 8 MAN TAG TITLE DECISION MATCH: Sanshiro takagi/Danshuko Dieno/Toru Owashi/Makoto Oishi vs Shinya Aoki/Super Sasadango Machine/Antonio Honda/Kazuhi Hirata/

Should be a classic ddt insane comedy match, although I hope we get to see Makoto and Aoki do some sick submission poo poo.

Saki Akai/Maya Yuhki vs Saori Anou and Miyaoko Matsumoto

A Joshi feature match, Saki Akai owns, Maya Yuhki to my knowledge is from ice ribbon who owns, Saori Anou also owns and Miyaoko is that other insane girl that sometimes tags with chris brookes.

DAMNATION VS ALL OUT: Daisuke Sasaki/Soma Takao/Mad Paulie/Yuji Hino vs Konosuke Takeshita/Akito/Shunma/Yuki Lino

Bunch of incredibly talented guys in this match, 100% chance that Shunma does something insane for no reason and another 100% Takeshita does some move that nobody else can do just to flex, guaranteed awesome.

Super Delfin/Maki Itoh/Chris Brookes vs Mao/Keigo Nakamura/Mirai Maumi

If the time the neo itoh respect army tagged with Onita is anything to go by this match is going to loving rule, Mao and Mirai are both great also.

HARASHIMA/Yuji Okabayashi vs Kazusada Higuchi/Yukio Naya

BEEF (also Harashima)

DDT universal championship: Yuki Euno vs Yukio Sakaguchi,

This started out as a tag team feud from when ERUPTION were fueding with Disaster box for a long time over the trios and tag titles which culminated in a match where Eruption managed to win both and then lose the trios sometime later, then Euno's tag partner took some time off to heal and he captured the universal title from brookes, This should be a very fun match.

DDT KO-D Openweight title match: Tetsuya Endo vs Jun Akiyama

Classic young gun versus legend matchup here after Akiyama won the grand prix, Endo is an incredible high flyer and Akiyama is jun loving akiyama, this match has a 100% chance of owning insanely hard.

Show is roughly 4 hours from this post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
oh, that joshi match looks sick. the last few times i've seen saki akai in ddt have all either been kinda bland undercard 4v4+ matches or completely impenetrable comedy matches (or both) so nice change of pace

not sure i've ever seen a sakaguchi singles match before so that should be super interesting too

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

abraham linksys posted:

oh, that joshi match looks sick. the last few times i've seen saki akai in ddt have all either been kinda bland undercard 4v4+ matches or completely impenetrable comedy matches (or both) so nice change of pace

not sure i've ever seen a sakaguchi singles match before so that should be super interesting too

he had a really good one with HARASHIMA in the grand prix I remember.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I have never watched a Tetsuya Endo match so this should be good.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Yusuke Okada is essentially a Jun Akiyama disciple, he came to DDT after his All Japan deal ended and he was used terribly in his final year. A very talented dude. Toi Kojima is the most recent young boy to start in DDT.

Watase and Okatani represent Akiyama's stable Junretsu, Watase is a 6 year vet, Okatani officially debuted at Judgement last March and is still only 20. So yeah, it's a young boy tag but should be fun.

Also worth noting Kenta Kobashi will be there for commentary of the main event. Endo has been working with Kobashi, a man with plenty experience at facing Akiyama.

Top 2 matches will rule, very excited to see Super Delfin for the first time in a while just for the nostalgia pop, just wish it wasn't starting while I'm going to be soundly asleep.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
poo poo, who is right, forkboy saying 4 am or ItohRespectArmy saying 2 am.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Last three matches are going to rule, not exactly sure how well Sakaguchi's style will mesh with Ueno's but looking forward to finding out. Nice to see Okabyashi again, hopefully he comes out wearing a Harashima jacket that's way too small for him like during the DDT/BJW tag tournament last year.

karmicknight posted:

poo poo, who is right, forkboy saying 4 am or ItohRespectArmy saying 2 am.

Matches start at 2pm Japan time, which is in a bit less than 2 hours

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Once again I am confronted by the fact that I cannot do math, apparently.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Stream is live, get excited by the various splash screens of future events

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
I wish my laptop didn't decide to stop working for some reason I cannot discern.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Advertising a 2AW show on stream? idgi but if it means more Yoshida matches i'm keen

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

https://twitter.com/ddtpro_eng/status/1360815624130158602

The true Monday night Wars

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Jumping Jack Flash video package is a very good choice.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
I'm glad I already got on board the Mirai is great train.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Akiyama is filled with hatred for the younger generation.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Okada is the only one of these dudes I easily recognise, I remember he had a short fun match against Yano late last year

e: I'm a fool, was thinking of the NOAH Okada

SG Bamboo fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Feb 14, 2021

AK-47
Jul 10, 2001

I just tuned in and have never watched before. Are we competing for the Voltron belts?

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

GO GO GO GO :ohdear:

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

https://twitter.com/ddtpro_eng/status/1360821086942679044

impossible to know if this is a bit or not

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Hirata has gone dance mad, you hate to see it

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
https://twitter.com/ddtpro_eng/status/1360821489000275968

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

The belts still say 10-man, so assuming it's for real and is a temporary situation

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

SG Bamboo posted:

The belts still say 10-man, so assuming it's for real and is a temporary situation

Just give the 5th to Pokotan when the time comes.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I like 7 of the guys in the match, if Dino hosed off I would be more the happier

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

SG Bamboo posted:

if Dino hosed off I would be more the happier

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
https://twitter.com/ddtpro_eng/status/1360822111854465028

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

GO GO GO GO :neckbeard:

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

TOKYO
GO
GO
GO
GO

e: :laffo:

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

SG Bamboo posted:

GO GO GO GO :neckbeard:

DENIED??!?!?!?!?

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

SG Bamboo posted:

I like 7 of the guys in the match, if Dino hosed off I would be more the happier

:same:

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

the rare time where ddt has a comedy undercard match with understandable continuity

https://twitter.com/ddtpro_eng/status/1360822111854465028

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Was it ever revealed if the woman saying Aoki was bad in bed was paid off by Takagi? I forget whether it was exctually his ex-wife

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

TOKYO

TOKY-NO

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

SG Bamboo posted:

DENIED??!?!?!?!?

Seems to be the story.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Hirata can't keep getting denied like this :ohdear:

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

HONDA NO

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
https://twitter.com/ddtpro_eng/status/1360823202834878464

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Storytime with Gon

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

If Gon wants some chocolate he's gonna have to rock paper scissors for it like everyone else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

TOKYO