Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Believe me I'm not complaining. Excellent showcase of the two of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

phwoar, that was loving awesome.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Well deserved victory. Next time send a madder Paulie.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Kinda surprised Shunma can walk right now, loving hell

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

SG Bamboo posted:

Kinda surprised Shunma can walk right now, loving hell

he seems fine which seems, impossible but I guess shunma is just built different.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

So was the promo there setting up a Hino Iino singles? Because yes please.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Lamuella posted:

So was the promo there setting up a Hino Iino singles? Because yes please.

https://twitter.com/ddtpro_eng/status/1360854291771129857

yes

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/ddtpro/status/1360854293297782791

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

once again I am wishing I could look even 1/100th as cool as yukio sakaguchi.

ddt at it again with the good decisions.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Yuki Ueno just seems like such a nice boy.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

https://twitter.com/ddtpro_eng/status/1360855254678478855

i too would like aoki to teach me mma.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Really looking forward to this match, pretty sure I was the only one to put either of these guys in my top ten for the thread. Gonna rule

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

ItohRespectArmy posted:

i too would like aoki to teach me mma.

I believe in you.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

It's a good day, got to hear both all three members of Eruption's themes

SG Bamboo fucked around with this message at 08:50 on Feb 14, 2021

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

street clothes eruption is powerful.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Getting the sense this is going to be a battle without honor or humanity.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Eruption are the best even without their swag jackets

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Yuki Ueno is very cool.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Yukio Sakaguchi is nearly twice as old as Yuki Ueno and posseses nearly twice his kicks

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Why antagonise him Yuki, he will murder you

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Lamuella posted:

Getting the sense this is going to be a battle without honor or humanity.

i turned this on hoping i could catch main and while i don't think i can stay awake i was shocked that that streamed. the same artist does makabe's immigrant song cover that new japan only gets the streaming rights to on rare occasions. does that usually get blocked on lesser shows?

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

the fact we have never gotten sakaguchi in bloodsport is a crime, book it coward barnett

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Thauros posted:

i turned this on hoping i could catch main and while i don't think i can stay awake i was shocked that that streamed. the same artist does makabe's immigrant song cover that new japan only gets the streaming rights to on rare occasions. does that usually get blocked on lesser shows?

i don't really know how music licensing works but i could imagine immigrant song being a fair bit more expensive to license if the payments are going primarily to the songwriters :v:

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

ItohRespectArmy posted:

the fact we have never gotten sakaguchi in bloodsport is a crime, book it coward barnett

If there's ever actual crossover between DDT and NOAH I feel like someone has to book Sakaguchi vs. KENOH

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

International licensing is such a mess. Remember when New Japan couldn't license a Fozzy song for Chris Jericho's entrance?

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

its possible that ddt simply does not fear copyright law, since they play saki-sama and saki akai's theme that i very much doubt they own the license too either.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

ItohRespectArmy posted:

its possible that ddt simply does not fear copyright law, since they play saki-sama and saki akai's theme that i very much doubt they own the license too either.

i like to imagine the guy from scooter gets a $5 check in the mail every time takagi's theme plays :allears:

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

ItohRespectArmy posted:

oh yeah forgot that she uses (used?) what you waiting for

abraham linksys posted:

i don't really know how music licensing works but i could imagine immigrant song being a fair bit more expensive to license if the payments are going primarily to the songwriters :v:

good point i didn't think of esp while being sleep deprived at 3 am regardless

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

abraham linksys posted:

i like to imagine the guy from scooter gets a $5 check in the mail every time takagi's theme plays :allears:

darude has got to be getting paid

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Thauros posted:

oh yeah forgot that she uses (used?) what you waiting for

she had it on this show yeah.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

That was a way cooler V-Trigger than Ibushi used last week

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

God, Ueno is such pure blazing white meat babyface.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Christ, those kicks... Just visualise a point one foot behind your opponent's chest and aim the kick there I guess.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

i like that ddt will spend 2 hours defying the tropes and conventions of wrestling and then have a semi main that is just pure classic pro wrestling.

what a company :allears:

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Reminder, these two (and their associated teams) had one of the matches of the year last October at a random Road To show

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

ItohRespectArmy posted:

i like that ddt will spend 2 hours defying the tropes and conventions of wrestling and then have a semi main that is just pure classic pro wrestling.

what a company :allears:

It's such a great representation of the concept that wrestling can be anything.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

WHAT THE gently caress WAS THAT MOVE

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Sakaguchi is an absolute killer, he even withstood WR

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

:tviv:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

This match ruled.