Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

McCloud posted:

I wouldn't worry, they're not gonna leave out the biggest market in Europe

Brexit means brexit sir

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
We live in a mf society baby

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Roth posted:

I think Sucker Punch is his weakest movie, personally.

Same, it’s the only one I don’t really enjoy and then 300 and watchmen as well. But I’ve come to appreciate watchmen more as time has gone by and after watching the tv show. It’s still not that great, but he goes for it, mostly.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I am very excited to watch Zack Snyder’s justice league

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
#GreenlightTheSnyderSequel

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Dark knight rises is bad but I would still put it over Begins imo

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

AdmiralViscen posted:

Definitely buying this on UHD disc

Yeah same

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Lmao I have feeling that justice league may just do better than godzilla vs kong in terms of numbers and how much people talk about it.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Sorry it’s a conspiracy imo. Already seeing a bunch of marvel stans on twitter use footage of it to talk poo poo and try to cause a counter narrative (and also they’re surprised at the resolution lol)

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

https://twitter.com/ray8fisher/status/1370093422422409218

Ray Fisher loving owns man

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

John Wick of Dogs posted:

https://twitter.com/GraceRandolph/status/1370069975411662853?s=19

This lady is the one who did the interview with Snyder a couple days ago but does she have any credibility on stuff like this? Seems entirely wishful thinking. Also I don't think Snyder would do a WW film unless Patty Jenkins specifically asked him to.

I'm manifesting all of this into reality i dont care

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
That guy is a coward and locked replies from that tweet lmao

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I am very excited

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Chairman Capone posted:

Wait, what? What happened there?

He got fired after this article back in October:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/sheraz...sh=7d944f1d2518

Then this happened:

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
It’s ok, zaphod I’m extending an iron branch towards you

Let’s get excited for the Snyder cut.....together.... it’s not too late

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Martman posted:

No need to bring Dota into this, it's toxic enough

Jejejeje

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

MacheteZombie posted:

I would've been completely fine with a workprint version of zsjl

The work print of that Wolverine movie is still the only way I’ve seen that movie and it loving owned Lmao

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Aidan_702 posted:

:colbert: Sir or Madam you're going to have to explain yourself or leave

Put in quotes as in misstep with the critics a d execs who freaked out because of it.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Curiously suicide squad was also a huge hit at the box office. People really liked that movie

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Robot Style posted:

It would be kind of funny for the theatrical version to start with iPhone footage, and the Snyder Cut to end with it.

Hey joker can we interview you for our podcast

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
There is a low key release the Ayer cut thing happening with suicide squad actually

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Imma be real for a second here. No one on the cast of the new suicide squad is a bigger name than Will Smith and it’s a shame he isn’t returning since imo he was a huge highlight of the original

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Piell posted:

The problem with Will Smith in Suicide Squad is you kind of have to make him the main character because he's Will Smith and that steals the spotlight of what should be more of an ensemble piece, and Deadshot is not a super interesting character

I honestly didn’t care about dead shot before but Will Smith turned up the charisma very hard for me (especially considering his work in the later part of his career being so bad)

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Embrace the Snyder pill

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Zaphod42 posted:

Since you guys are all super hip to the state of the Snyder-verse, you'd be the perfect people to ask; what's the deal / plans going forward for Flashpoint?

BvS really feels like they were strongly setting that up to be the next plot point. I guess that was supposed to be the big JL movie after League, but now its anybody knows as to what happens next?

Why does that matter? Its a false dichotomy and a complicated subject. (If you have the death penalty sex traffickers should probably be the first to qualify) Lets not stray from the point; you were explaining how its so great that the film is still confusing to people. So are you saying that no filmmaker could ever tackle that subject and not have an audience come away saying "That was confusing" ?

It’s supposed to be in the The Flash movie that they have Ben affleck and Michael Keaton lined up for (that Rat Fisher was also fired from)

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I honestly believe that bvs is one of the most discussed movies of the previous decade even coming into this one. At least it is in the circles I frequent online and irl friend group chats

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Btw zaphod I saw you say you follow nerdy sites and that is honestly probably the reason why you haven’t heard much positive or in general knowledge of what’s been going on with this cut. It’s either out of spite because of the “toxic fans” or because they just don’t like Snyder cut but they never really took the whole thing serious ever. It was always talked about on many sites as a joke and as something that would never happen so why even pay attention to it.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Zaphod42 posted:

Oh for sure. Its just like, where else would you hear about this? I haven't seen commercials about it on TV or the net, I haven't seen movie sites talking about it, so at that point word of mouth from friends is the only way to know. Blockbuster doesn't exist anymore! I guess the ultimate cut may be on HBO max or something?

Literally not lying, the only way to hear about this was definitely within the fans themselves. Interviews from everyone pre release and post release of the original cut. Things execs would say in the press. Things Danny elfman would say. A lot of stuff just wasn’t lining up correctly. Geoff Johns too. There was a lot a ton of coverage of the film shoot as well. Then you got podcasts with people who were there on set or even people like Kevin Smith that had some insider knowledge. Once Zack Snyder joined VERO social network and would consistently hint at things it just felt like more and more people were correct with their suspicions. You really had to search for it if you wanted info on the Snyder cut some years ago. It’s a lot more documented now but back then it was all over the place

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
It’s just moving goal posts. You won’t win with those people. I would just ignore tbh

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I think aquaman is great and better than Shazam

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I saw end game opening weekend and people went ape poo poo but I thought the movie was bafflingly awful. Such a huge downgrade from the previous film and it became this weird thing. It just felt so loving weird and I hadn’t felt that disconnect with the audience since Godzilla 2014

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

CelticPredator posted:

Godzilla 2014 was another perfect crowd movie. That thing is perfection. I can’t wait to rewatch it. But I gotta wait until closer to GvK

Personally hated in the theater (in 3D no less) and just could not get into it while my entire theater erupted in cheers and hollering.

I saw Shin Godzilla in the theater and that’s the movie that got me hyped though.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

John Wick of Dogs posted:

My official pre-Zack Snyder's Justice League DCEU rankings:

1) Man of Steel
2) Batman V Superman Ultimate
3) Aquaman
4) Birds of Prey
5) Wonder Woman
6) Suicide Squad
7) Wonder Woman 1984
8) Shazam!
9) Justice League

I don't actually dislike any of these except 9. I really hope Suicide Squad gets an Ayer cut. It's a mess but I really love individual scenes and beats and the production design.

1) Batman v Superman
2) Man of Steel
3) Aquaman
4) Birds of Prey
5) Suicide Squad
6) Wonder Woman
7) Shazam
8) Wonder Woman 84
9) Justice League Whedon Cut

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Yea i09 was a negative review

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Asteroid Alert posted:

All the critic talk aside, how have people around you reacted to this movie coming out?

In one of the communities I frequent, there's some interest. The people there aren't Snyder fanboys, but they are curious. These people are also put off by the 4 hour runtime.

Maybe releasing as a series would've been better for the bingewatching generation? Just drop it all in one go, the "4 HOURS OMG!" talk would be just a footnote.

One of my discords I'm in, I've been the snyder cut guy in there and theres a few dudes who like to make fun but its all good. In my IRL circles, people are very excited. My friends have been talking about rewatching Man of Steel and BvS

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Hollismason posted:

Its presented in 4:3 to reserve the integrity of the director's vision, what kind of loving trash is that. Garbage.

Lol

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Hollismason posted:

Like seriously what director goes " Yeah everyone has flat screens now, 4:3 is the ratio that Imma go with". Whole movie is trash because of that.

A good one

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Roth posted:

How many posts do you have in the gbs red letter media thread?

You have to answer this question

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
4:3 is the chad aspect ratio