Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

https://i.imgur.com/O2BnD42.gifv

This is Zack Snyder, he's a fascist objectivist dudebro who loves to lift and hates for Superman to smile, he directed this movie maliciously by tricking Warner Bros into spending money on it:

https://twitter.com/UberKryptonian/status/1358958474277888001?s=19

If you find this funny then you enjoy cruelty to animals, sorry, depiction is endorsement, we don't make the rules.

You can defeat Magneto with a wooden gun but, like Dr Sivana knows, ah wait they're fine.

https://i.imgur.com/DoXP1yC.gifv

Don't forget to book your unforgettable luncheon, patented Snyderburgers, old family recipe.

https://twitter.com/jwhitbrook/status/1355164544679768067?s=21

Reliably informed that in this film every single character says Martha at least once, possibly twice, to achieve the 4hr runtime.

https://twitter.com/KurtBelcher/status/1350961231604183041

Please see this film in IMAX.

RATED R18 FOR ADULT CONTENT

And ofc you are going to watch it, because if you don't see this film how will you join the #discourse

Pictured, me running to the cinema to see ZACK SNYDER'S JUSTICE LEAGUE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

https://twitter.com/fevered_earth/status/1360976863762542601

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

the 2016 lover posted:

now do joss whedon

https://twitter.com/Girls_on_Film/status/398887013346451456

guess the word 'feminist' won, lol

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

live with fruit posted:

Fwiw WW1984 premiers on Sky Ticket on the 18th in Germany. If that's the precedent, non-HBO'd countries might be looking at mid-May?

In the UK at least, WW84 was available to buy digitally on the 13th Jan.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Leaked footage of Batman arriving to tell the rest of tthe League about the Knightmare:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNwZ62kYarM

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

ImpAtom posted:

Bringing back a sex pest to do an internet meme. It's like Joss Whedon never left

Just so this post doesn't go completely unanswered, yeah it sucks that Leto is widely considered to have taken advantage of underage fans and hopefully there'll be some restitution for that sooner rather than later.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Neither Man of Steel nor BvS is anywhere near as cynical as Watchmen, a film which ends with space 9/11. Compare the use of Hallelujah in Watchmen with the use of Hallelujah in the JL trailer.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

RBA Starblade posted:

A second kryptonian has hit Wayne Tower

Sometimes I just make incorrect posts!

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This is a grimdark topic of discussion for a superhero movie thread.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

2house2fly posted:

Superman's a power fantasy because (as discussed in BvS) he has absolute power over what he wants to do with his life. He wants to save people from burning buildings? He can. He wants to blow it all off and go hiking? Nothing simpler. He wants to quit his job? He can sleep under the stars every night, anywhere he wants on earth. He doesn't need money, he doesn't need shelter, he may not even need food. He's the ultimate expression of what libertarians pretend everyone is, a true free agent. And also he can fly

Flying is cool but the rest of this is instilling a deep, primal apprehension in me?

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Ferrinus posted:

Yeah and it owns.

Oh, I agree.

Roth posted:

A big distinction is that, unfortunately, the Leto and Miller stuff seems to have not really been picked up in a major way like D'Ellia's accusations were. Gal Gadot I'm sure everyone is just going "Alright, just don't do what that Mandalorian actress did" and Amber Heard's whole thing probably comes across as "He said, she said" poo poo to a lot of people.

Heard is benefitting from Johnny Depp betting big on getting a court to pronounce him not-abusive. The opposite happened.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

RBA Starblade posted:

Everyone's already said the myriad ways that these films are absolutely power fantasies but on top of that, consider also you get to bang Amy Adams and live in a cool studio apartment

Don't wanna get dragged too much into "is it/isn't it a power fantasy" because I don't know how much that alone tells you about the films, but Man of Steel is very different to BvS in this regard: In MoS Clark has neither an apartment nor a budding relationship with Amy Adams, in BvS he gets to cook his cool reporter gf some obviously fake eggs in an apartment outside the reach of any news intern.

In MoS Clark has the power but using it is ineffectual and is ruining his life, in BvS he has the power and a cool life but everyone's mad at him on the TV news and these billionaire are trying to kill him.

live with fruit posted:

Isn't Batman's thing being super prepared/the world's greatest detective? Seems like he could've looked into Superman at some point between the attack on Metropolis and trying to kill him.

He does, and has the Dick Cheney response.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

One character design that could be on a GPU box might be considered a misfortune; two looks like carelessness. But three?! Four?!

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

2house2fly posted:

There's not a lot of daylight between this Darkseid and Thanos's minions, though to be maximally fair he's only been seen thus far in the light cast by some kind of evil hellfire

Sad they didn't bring back Space Jafar in Endgame, tbh.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

RBA Starblade posted:

I know two things about Darkseid from osmosis: he dresses like an idiot and he loves reclining on couches

Both baked in from the start by Kirby, a true visionary.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Steppenwolf in BvS has some neat yellow spotlights on him.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Barreft posted:

I've just never seen such slavish loyalty to one person. The Snyder poo poo just reminds me of Trump/Elon/Roberts idol worship. Like I'm sure there's many out there defending Joss Whedon as well, which is just as weird.

e: eh

No-one else made the straightforward objection here, that those are all people actively engaged in scams, corruption, fascism, and Star Citizen where Zack Snyder is just a guy who directs movies.

I haven't seen Dawn of the Dead, Sucker Punch or Owls.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

quote:

In the past 20 years, as we all know, the movie business has changed on all fronts. But the most ominous change has happened stealthily and under cover of night: the gradual but steady elimination of risk. Many films today are perfect products manufactured for immediate consumption. Many of them are well made by teams of talented individuals. All the same, they lack something essential to cinema: the unifying vision of an individual artist. Because, of course, the individual artist is the riskiest factor of all.

Although the targets of his criticism very much tried to pretend otherwise, Scorsese has a point to make beyond "superhero movie bad".

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Moore's criticism is more directly on-target, but then the question is: whose fault is it that the ephemera of the previous generation is culturally squatting on centre stage? Whose childhood love of superhero comics has come to dominate pop culture, given that for the entirety of my lifetime at least, the popularity of the comics themselves has been in freefall?

And ofc the story of the Justice League movie itself is that it was actively conformed to the kind of DW Griffiths parable Moore is talking about, restructured to downplay non-white roles and any social commentary - Man of Steel makes Superman's 'people' a planet of eugenicist Nazis - removed. We probably shouldn't, in any circumstances, be looking for liberation to come from blockbuster cinema, but if the problem is with the mainstream then go argue with the mainstream.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Someone post the Darkseid one pls.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Can't believe they put Leto's Joker on one too

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

I feel bad for those other rad silver dudes that they weren't cool enough to get photoshopped onto GPU box art.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Roth posted:

What is the aspect ratio and framerate of real life?

Aspect ratio somewhere in the region of 1:1.66 assuming you have two eyes. Framerate somewhere between ~30 and 200, if the US military is believed. The trouble is, our eyes go all over the place because they have good resolution mainly in the centre and pretty bad resolution in the periphery, so filling vision is something of a moving target.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

A fun thing is that octopus eyes are a notably better refined version of the design than ours.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Important update produced by scientific means

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

MacheteZombie posted:

Darkseid looking through a boomtube portal at jesusoker "um nah I'm good bye"

"I use a God to kill a God"

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I didn't used to like him but around Detective Pikachu and Hobbs and Shaw I started to say to myself "You know what Ryan Reynolds you're alright"

Ryan Reynolds was clearly added to Hobbs and Shaw in a late rewrite, and he's pretty much just playing himself, but yeah I'm buying it!

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

If you keep jinxing it we're going to get Josh Gad Green Lantern and then you'll be sorry.

josh04 fucked around with this message at 10:31 on Feb 24, 2021

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Equeen posted:

only zack could make batman do the pose of the sexy saint.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Gazing into the abyss has long been recognised as an appealing but dangerous pastime - though Nietzsche also has some other relevant, fun, pithy statements in the same section, like "One does not hate as long as one disesteems, but only when one esteems equal or superior" or "The vanity of others is only counter to our taste when it is counter to our vanity"

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

I want a bingo card that's just a list of 18-rated curse words Batman's gonna use.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

"I will come for my great prize."

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

MacheteZombie posted:

Just lol if u aren't waiting til mid April to get your motherfoodbox and watching jl while mowing down big belly and jitters coffee

What possible reason can there be for the mofoodbox not being available at release?!

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

To be honest - and I'm not trying to be a doomposter here - I'm getting big time Heaven's Gate vibes from ZSJL. I too enjoy Heaven's Gate and think that it's overall a worthwhile film, but also I was alive and can remember when it came out and got relentlessly poo poo on for like, 2 years for being too big, too epic, too expensive for what it was. Seriously even Mad Magazine was trashing that film. Then once some time elapsed and people were able to approach it on its own terms it was considered pretty good and definitely very unique! Unfortunately, I think that's the arc that ZSJL is gonna take.

Thing is, Justice League has already spent several years as a punchline. There's not that much more schadenfreude to milk out of "Warner sent a bit more good money after bad" unless you're yucking it up to the internet video crowd. If the cut is still not wildly appreciated, worst case scenario it becomes like the Alien 3 Assembly Cut - an "oh, there's also that version" addendum.

Also Jupiter Ascending is good and deserves a 4-hour cut.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

The proper term is "Thursday next".

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

2house2fly posted:

I have no idea if WB suits are in a position to have someone upload the wrong video file when they put up a new version of Tom & Jerry though.

This is where it passes from plausibility for me, as a conspiracy Walter Hamada or whoever can't just nav over to the HBO max management page and click the "leak snyder" button, and if he did it'd show up in some log when they went to figure out what went wrong. So if it were the case there'd be a whole stack of people who knew and would be able to leak it, and given that it's being blamed on their incompetence have a motive to do so.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Tomtrek posted:

The website has been updated with a list of international release information.... but a lot of countries are still listed as "TBD" (including UK...):

https://zacksnydersjusticeleague.dcuniverseinfinite.com/

It's listed in the advance timetable on Sky Premiere HD in the UK, next Thursday at 8.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Don't forget Boss Dark Side!

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

I once heard from a VFX producer on Man of Steel that they mocked up the Superman/Zod fight with Goku and Vegeta models.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Martman posted:

Joss Whedon must have snuck into the studio and switched out the logos, it's the only explanation!!

It was the Avengers' logo in Age of Ultron!

e: lol that the source on this isn't even a still from the movie, it's a photo of the costume display exhibition.

josh04 fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Mar 14, 2021