Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Marvel movies mostly are a collection of cultural references and winking at the camera, and Wandavision is directly about all that, so it's funny to see some of those fans get worked up about one Joker meme

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

teagone posted:

You just know the MCU multiverse Spider-Man 3 movie is gonna have Tobey Maguire, Andrew Garfield, and Tom Holland recreate the pointing Spider-Man meme. They have to, right? It's just too predictable.
Into the Spiderverse did it already (post credits)

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Farg posted:

ehhh ok that's less silly than I was hoping. one day someone will have fun with comic books
here's a crazy thought: some people, like me, find movies like this fun

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

dark and self important comic books are the best comic books

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Vintersorg posted:

This is just ultra bizarre to me because Justice League is an unwatchable mess.
it's amazing how they took something that would at least appeal to Snyder fans and made it into something for absolutely nobody

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Detective No. 27 posted:

That always bothered me about Thor in the MCU. He's the closest thing to Superman in the MCU, he's no secret, and there are others like him openly walking around Earth by the time of Endgame, but at most people like to pose with him for selfies and he plays Fortnight (how funny and not self-serious!). They don't do anything interesting with the fact that god aliens live among them.
I think things would be shook up for a time but people would get used to things quickly

Makes me think of Limmy's sketch about the magic picture frame

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zww0l1BGMfc

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

FilthyImp posted:

"Say, does Batman NEED to wear black? What if he had. Uh, like a camouflage Bat-Cape that blends into things! And a super-bright flashlight built into his chest symbol. And a smart-talking AI car!"
Sounds like script for the Tim Burton Superman movie. Which you can't even blame Kevin Smith for writing because Jon Peters came up with and insisted on all the stupid ideas. Like you could never see Superman flying, he HAD to fight polar bears for some reason, etc. etc.

EDIT: Jon Peters not Joel Silver, my bad

Roman fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Feb 16, 2021

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Neurolimal posted:

Its a pretty good gag tbf

I think the reason people misunderstand these movies is that they assume it WASN'T supposed to look like something you would put on Voodoo 3dFX packaging

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

edit I can't read

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE posted:

Like, Keaton, really?
I can't wait to see old mature Michael Keaton don the mask and make this face again:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

I gotta say that I get most of these streaming services to watch like one thing then I'm done for a year but HBO Max does have a ton of poo poo I've been meaning to watch. I might actually keep it for TWO months!

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

https://twitter.com/ZackSnyder/status/1367886219615432706

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Darko posted:

Once again in comments, the same people who otherwise view the DCAU as the height of understanding Batman and Superman are saying that Snyder doesn't get the characters and Lois would never be with Batman, and I'm now convinced that I'm from another universe where I saw these things happen before, unlike this one where they apparently didn't.
Pretty much every "X would never do that" has been done by X in another movie/comic/cartoon/tv show/1940s serial, Snyder is just crazy enough to do all those things in the same movie instead of going along with the generic storylines known in the mainstream

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Roth posted:

You can make clickbait just as easily with negativity.
pretty much every youtube person will tell you that their negative stuff does WAY bigger numbers than positive stuff.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

drat I was hoping it would be good. Oh well

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Zaphod42 posted:

That's pretty insanely wild. I feel like this is going to have ramifications on the superhero genre like Deadpool being a success was. Hopefully the studios learn a thing or two about meddling.
ZSJL being successful, plus WB selling their stake in Joker (because they thought it wouldn't make much $) and making none of that $1B it made would hopefully maybe wake WB up to the fact that they don't really know what they're doing. But probably not.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Zaphod42 posted:

I guess the ultimate cut may be on HBO max or something?
yeah I just watched it there

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Vintersorg posted:

Just recently a fan found a bug fix to make GTA 5 load way faster - 8 years after release and Rockstar was like, oh we should put that in.
And they actually paid the guy $10K for the Rockstar Bug Bounty even though it technically didn't qualify, good on them

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

I'll actually have off Thursday so I can wake up, grab some breakfast and watch Snyder Cut all day. Pretty cool.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Blind Rasputin posted:

The Snyder cut is pretty embarrassingly pro cop and more than anything this will be why it bombs.
anti-cop sentiment is not as mainstream as you think it is

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

The only bad shot/fx I remember was that one of Luthor standing in the water at the beginning. Like they couldn't even make the water ripple a little or something?

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Ego-bot posted:

I liked Bruce Wayne being completely unfazed when Martian Manhunter shows up on his porch.
An alien species he's never encountered, "hey, what's up?"
Dude's just trying to get some sleep and random superpowered entities keep showing up at his door asking to join the Super Friends

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

If I was going to do some fan edit thing I would probably end up removing the Knightmare stuff from BvS and ZSJL, and the MM stuff. While Knightmare is cool and all we're never gonna see it realized anyway. The MM epilogue thing was fine but MMMartha didn't work for me.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

ungulateman posted:

It's split into a bunch of 'episodes' but it doesn't really neatly divide in half IMO
Snyder said there would have been an intermission in theaters, before part 5 I think

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

I'm actually into the recent trend of making villains cringey wierdos instead of sexy 12D chess playing supergeniuses. So Eisenberg lex, Joaquin Joker and new Leto Joker work for me.

Look at videos of real mass muderers and serial killers. They're all dorks and look like bad actors reciting bad lines in their manifesto videos. They're hilarious until they kill a bunch of people.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

one man's dumb as hell is another man's fun as hell

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Megasabin posted:

Man of Steel is probably my favorite super hero movie. I thought BvS had a lot of problems, but really cool ideas. I liked how Snyder used both to explore interesting questions about superheroes. I skipped Justice League, because it sounded awful and I don't like Whedon.

Coming from that mindset I watched this and it was incredibly mediocre for 4 hours straight. It was just a shallow ensemble movie where people ran after mcguffins and occasionally fought stuff. Anything resembling the interesting issues the previous movies brought up were completely vacant from the narrative or themes. I appreciated that Snyder's two previous movies were different than the Avengers, and I really didn't need him to just make an average Avengers knock off.
It was definitely more lighthearted and more "mainstream" than BvS but it was supposed to be the first in a JL trilogy, where everything would go to poo poo in part 2, Empire Strikes Back style. So I could see why they wanted to set it up with a more standard and hopeful story about Working Together.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

IIRC the Batfleck movie was going to have his identity exposed by Deathstroke. It's possible they were moving away from the whole heroes having secret identities thing like the MCU has mostly done.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

I still suspect Fishburne's Perry White knows Clark is Superman and would just keep up the act so he can hire Clark back and keep calling him a nerd and giving him poo poo

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Stompa!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stompa

Roman fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Mar 23, 2021

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Augus posted:

Joss Whedon's Justice League
They need to retitle it to that

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Saw the The Suicide Squad trailer. Might be time to jump on that Ayer cut hashtag train.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Justice is Grey is a fun thing for the fans because you get to feel like you're watching the secret movie Snyder kept on his laptop but I'm probably never going to watch that version again.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

I watched some fan edit stuff on youtube which put ZSJL scenes in 16:9 and I gotta say while I respect Snyder's artistic vision and all I would really prefer a 16:9 version for casual viewing

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Darko posted:

Make it the cop that Lois always sees visiting the monument and it works just as well.
Found out he's played by Marc McClure aka 70s movie Jimmy Olsen, which was neat

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Film director says something which makes Google News push articles with his name in them to people's phones for like 2 days

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

The v instead of vs. still bugs me

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Jerk McJerkface posted:

Mandolorian is oppressively uninteresting. It's literally a guy walking through video game cut scenes and wookiepedia articles.
I liked it at first because it brought back the vibe of all the sci-fi/adventure shows I watched while growing up like Buck Rogers OG Battlestar Galactica and all that
But after 2 seasons I've seen all I ever need to see of that stuff. I might not even bother with the Boba Fett show.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

The 4chan leak of The Flash plot is so bad I'm gonna assume it's real lol

The Flash (Ezra Miller) and Batman (Ben Affleck) investigate the murder of Flash’s mother Nora (Maribel Verdú) to prove the innocence of Flash’s father Henry (Ron Livingston).
Batman informs Flash that he assembled the Justice League after receiving a message from the future from an older version of Flash.
Flash knows it is dangerous to alter the timeline, but is inspired by Batman’s revelation to travel back in time to warn his parents of their fate so they can avoid it.
Flash instead breaches the dimensional barrier and ends up in a parallel universe where the government is hunting meta-humans.
Flash meets an older Batman (Michael Keaton), who decides to help him return to his own universe before the dimensional breach that he accidentally created destroys both realities.
The government deploys Mirror Master (Saoirse-Monica Jackson), the daughter of one of Batman’s old enemies, to eliminate Flash and Batman.
The Black Flash, the avatar of the Speed Force, is also after Flash for endangering the Multiverse.
During the mission, Flash and Batman rescue Kara (Sasha Calle), the daughter of Superman (Christopher Reeve), who has died.
Kara had been captured by the government, and she helps Flash and Batman defeat Mirror Master.
Flash is too late and the realities begin to collapse. He races into the Speed Force, defeats Black Flash and meets another Flash (Grant Gustin), who encourages him to save both worlds.
Flash resets the timeline by merging the two universes into a new reality where the Supergirl and the older Batman now exist alongside heroes such as Wonder Woman and Aquaman.
Flash proves his father’s innocence in court and Henry is released from prison.
Batman decides to assemble and lead the heroes of the new world.
Kara becomes Supergirl to honor her father.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

CelticPredator posted:

That sounds fine idk
Sounds bad to me but mainly because summary isn't written well and the whole "merging universes" thing is weird. Are batfleck/cavill superman still going to exist?