Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Violator
May 15, 2003

I hope this aspect ratio grows on me because right now I’m not liking it. Much prefer the whole screen be filled.

Wondering if the BvS IMAX version had to do some trickery to update some of the super wide shots, like the Doomsday/Superman eye blast showdown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Violator
May 15, 2003

Robot Style posted:

Those shots (and most of the rest of the move) would be projected letterboxed, since only a few sequences were filmed with IMAX cameras. There were some shots done on 35mm that we had to upscale and crop to fix the IMAX aspect ratio, but that's the exception rather than the rule.

I imagine the home release of the IMAX version is going to do something similar - have the 35mm parts of the move letterboxed, and the IMAX sections either pillarboxed or cropped at the top and bottom to fit a modern 16:9 screen.

Doh, of course, I thought the IMAX home release was a completely new edit but I forgot there already was an IMAX release theatrically so much of the heavy lifting is already done.

Violator
May 15, 2003

Robot Style posted:

Snyder did a Q&A a few years ago and apparently Cyborg is the one who does the calculations that allow Flash to travel back in time to warn Bruce in BvS, so it's likely that he's actually still alive in that timeframe.
It's also supposed to explain why Flash is "too soon" in BvS. Because Flash can travel through time but not space, they need the Earth to be at the same point in its rotation around the sun, or else he'll end up floating in the void when he gets to the past. Cyborg's able to calculate two viable points in spacetime for Flash to visit, but Batman remembers that the one they chose initially was too early, so he gets them to go to the other one instead, and may be what triggers his premonitions in this movie.

As someone who grew up listening to Art Bell and paranormal stuff, when I realized that time travel would likely involve XYZ coordinates in the universe made me feel like a genius. "Aliens from the future are actually humans further evolved and they need space ships because the earth is in a different galactic position" made a lot of sense to teenager me. I'm super jazzed that it's apparently part of JL because it makes sense in that type of pseudo science that a Superman would exist in.

Violator
May 15, 2003

MacheteZombie posted:

This guy was super proud of himself for a few seconds

I don't know why, but I absolutely loved Batman taking a headshot and shrugging it off.

Violator
May 15, 2003

Timeless Appeal posted:

Superman is offered the paradox that either he kills Batman and is thusly not truly good

Even maniacal Luthor thinks Superman killing Zod was right, just, and necessary and isn’t a blemish on his record. :colbert:

Violator
May 15, 2003

DrVenkman posted:

I think his desire to make a comic book movie and to be *profound* are at odds with eachother.

A comic book movie can’t be profound?

Violator
May 15, 2003

I hope everyone does their part and pays the $15 for a month of HBO Max to support this after all of these years. :colbert:

Edit: Show those bean counter egg heads we want more Snyder.

Violator
May 15, 2003

Robot Style posted:

I wouldn't mind if they pulled back on some of the grading. They really killed a lot of detail in shots like the beam struggle by blowing out the highlights.

I've always been really surprised by the Batman hits Superman with the Batmobile scene. I've always felt the blacks were crushed so it's this super dark cockpit and then two bright eyes in the middle of the screen. Maybe it was done intentionally to show Batman's awe and shock but it's always felt like it went too far.

Violator
May 15, 2003

Mr. Apollo posted:

Looks like the VFX crew has been working down to the last minute. Here’s an updated image of Uxas.

Some of this is obviously compression in the original teaser, but pretty big difference. Open the image in a new tab to see the giant version.

Violator fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Mar 6, 2021

Violator
May 15, 2003

Here's a close-up face comparison.

Violator
May 15, 2003

If Martian manhunter can hide his identity maybe he cloaks as other people?

Violator
May 15, 2003

I'm always astonished how much of making movies is still held together by duct tape. Those little wooden boxes, a little seat with a frilly pattern on it, and a cushion under Leto's foot and a guy holding it all by hand to make sure it's stable turns into the Joker sitting in a wasteland.

Violator
May 15, 2003

2house2fly posted:

The epilogue is called WHAT

Not only that, but Snyder says he's storyboarded "what happens after this version of Justice League" and he won't be releasing that.

Violator
May 15, 2003

John Wick of Dogs posted:

This ad has OMEGA BEAMS

Still debating watching Josstice League this week for maximum shock and awe when experiencing ZSJL. These ads just keep making it look more and more impressive.

Violator
May 15, 2003

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE posted:

No, you're right. But like, the entire exterior of that sequence I remember as a basically featureless field.

Yeah, I knew I was in trouble when the field looked like a (I'm going to get yelled at for this) a Quake 1 level with no features. No trees, brush, etc. It was just empty.

Violator
May 15, 2003

Neurolimal posted:

EASTER EGG: The Justice League all possess humanoid shapes similar to the titular "Atlas" of "Atlas Shrugged", whos author Zack Snyder wants to give big smooches on the lips

:hmmyes:

Violator
May 15, 2003

Jimbot posted:

"Hey, we finally got that happy medium of it being serious and epic while also appealing to people who want some funnies. Too bad we fired the guy and have no interest in following this direction anymore!"

I have to imagine if the numbers pan out as expected the offer will be on the table for more with all of this critical acclaim. I don't know if Snyder is ready to walk away from the bullshit but it's telling that he has a new story outline done already with Jim Lee's storyboards. Maybe he has more power now to better dictate his future? WB already lost Nolan so I would think they would want to hold onto people and do whatever they.

I also don't know if something could be worked out with Fisher. I have to imagine his acting capabilities are being vindicated and he can get work when Hollywood opens up, but he may be done with WB too.

Violator
May 15, 2003

Mr. Apollo posted:

This is from a new TV spot called "The End of Everything". If you don't know the full JL story that Snyder had planned then there are spoilers. It has some new and really nice shots of Darkseid. So far I've only found 480p versions.

I didn't link the URL because the thumbnail is a potential spoiler.

Well poo poo. I know it all but wasn't sure what they would actually use or show in this version. "Eh, it's a tv spot, how bad could it be?" My semi-blackout is going full watching no more footage until release.

Although this looks a vision Superman has as Darkseid tries to poison his mind, so it's potentially not real.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Violator
May 15, 2003

Detective No. 27 posted:

I would love to watch the streams but they don't work for me time wise.

Yeah, sorry teagone, been on this journey with you guys for years but the timing bit me in the rear end. :(