Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Bullbar posted:

I strongly disagree. For me, Justice League was the least bad of the lot and still terrible.

This is just ultra bizarre to me because Justice League is an unwatchable mess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

He makes one off color joke and you shame him? Get over yourself.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

hump day bitches! posted:

It still mystifies me how people cant wrap their heads around the idea that people have different tastes about movies (and art in general ) and what makes them good.

All knowledge is community based, the earliest you face this the easier it’s going to be.That includes which movies are “good” and which are “bad” , who won the election and who lost and what’s the best flavour of chocolate.

Exactly.

I have a bit extreme tastes in music going hard into death, black, and thrash metal. A lot of people don’t like it but that’s fine. As long as they aren’t judging me as a person for liking it then it’s cool. But also as long they aren’t also going it’s trash garbage music that sounds like poo poo and it’s better off not in this world.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Haha, roughly the same experience. Ninja Scroll, Vampire Hunter D and Guyver - turned my world around on ultra violence along with my neighbor letting me play Doom.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Can't wait to Deus Ex my eyes and get some fancy octopush implants.

E:

Vintersorg fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Feb 18, 2021

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Schwarzwald posted:

instead of INRI we have LMAO

:asoiaf:

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Like as soon as it dropped I was like...

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Momoa makes everyone have good chemistry cause he is chill as gently caress.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

"lol Zack has no style"

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Wish my Superman would laugh like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SmQ2n808mU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

It was also boring as gently caress.

BB was great because it's a nice building of this universe and ends with a tease that more villains are to come.
TDK is hoisted by the iconic Ledger performance and amazing set pieces. I feel Bale is the most comfortable in this movie in both roles.
TDKR is just meandering and I really only enjoyed any scene with Tom Hardy.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Rewatched BvS extended with my bro last night who had never seen it (he had questions and was like, how do you know all this? you dont read comics! - and i was like, i discuss it and read it ever day lol). He generally enjoyed it but did comment that while it was really loving long it didn't feel like it, moved by really fast. I explained him to the sorta battle online over the Snydercut then showed him some stuff from Josstice League and he was like, HOLY poo poo this looks terrible. He could see the Cavill CG face immediately and hated the rooftop intro scene.

Also something popped out on me - the man in the wheelchair who defaces the statue and blows up congress is none other than Scoot McNairy who was loving INCREDIBLE in Narcos Mexico S2.

E: OH poo poo, he was in Frank too! Love that movie.

Vintersorg fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Mar 7, 2021

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Chairman Capone posted:

You need to watch Halt and Catch Fire.

I dropped off after season 1 out of laziness, I'll pick it back up.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

The 1st shot is generally better than nothing and TBH if the theater is spaced out it'll be fine. At least Americans are actually getting it though! People in my age group are estimated MAYBE April or June. :lol: Canada failed completely.

I went to see The New Mutants in the summer and it was spaced out properly plus the place is cleaned up pretty well.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I don't believe there was any malice for the Tom and Jerry thing. poo poo happens, uploads get hosed up.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Looking forward to him posting how he cried at the end of this too.

His latest films since like Yoga Hosers have been absolute unwatchable garbage but his old stuff and even Red State were really good. He's a good dude and I was happy to see him live in person. The Smodcast about going back in time and sucking your own dick had me in stitches.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I hope I have my DVD somewhere - the commentary track on that is so loving good. They really loved Rickman. From what I am reading the blu's aren't really jampacked which sucks.

gently caress DVD - one of the best openers to a commentary (from Chasing Amy I believe).

E: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxyq1ztPib4

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

3am central is a BIG ask. Esp on a Friday morning.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

That's a genuinely funny burn too, hehe.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Zaphod42 posted:

I wasn't saying a fear of snyder fans so much as just easy engagement. Clickbait and all that. That's not the same as fear.

Lol at "almost nobody shares this opinion" though. Okay? Majority rules? Sorry for posting I guess.

Ralph the movie maker definitely said he heard someone say that, but maybe he's full of poo poo I don't know.

Yeah he is as Ray Fisher has been campaigning how poo poo Whedon was and how he was upset that Cyborg was tossed to the dirt. Welcome to 2020.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

It has some biblical content but many people have interpreted it as a song about lust. Here's some quotes on SongMeanings.

quote:

This song is a combined biblical reference and commentary about a relationship. Jeff Buckeley explicated this aspect of the song in his additional verses, but its clearly in the original. Brilliant song...

quote:

I think the religious references have to do with the fact that the speaker's love was so strong that he nearly deified her. It probably also refers to the fact that many people, when they become desperate or depressed, turn to religion for hope. I am certain the religious references are not as literal as many people believe; Cohen was not a Christian. (However, he IS interested in the Bible and he believes there is a greater power judging our actions.)

"Now I've heard there was a secret chord
That David played, and it pleased the Lord
But you don't really care for music, do you?
It goes like this: the fourth, the fifth
The minor fall, the major lift
The baffled king composing Hallelujah"

The speaker used to be a "king". He was in charge and in control of himself. He knew what he wanted and how to get it. He wooed women with loving words; by singing "Hallelujah". He knew all the right "chords" and everything. But the woman this song is about is not moved; she doesn't care for such "music", even though it is enough to move the Lord. But, though confused by all of this, he continues to compose his song of Hallelujah/Love, which leads into the next verse.

quote:

Cohen uses David's life as a metaphor for his relationship with this one woman... the you is in the poem is the woman he loves or loved.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

:stat: "The 3rd act of Zack Snyder's Justice League is on par with Infinity War and Endgame!"
:wal: "That bad, huh?"
:stat: :wal: "HOHOHOHOHOHHHOOHOHO"

gently caress :lol: Amazing. Frame this post.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Zaphod42 posted:

I could believe that Snyder makes a really great comic film. What's especially hard to wrap my head around is that its the same movie as Justice League, just the Extended Edition with a few minutes here and there restored and maybe a bit of overdub, and somehow that transforms it from a downright stinker snoozefest into a really really solid superhero movie.

That's wild. It seems way too good to be true. And its exactly what so many have been shouting, and those shouts felt very meme-y and overblown even if Snyder did deserve to get a director's cut.

But as you say, the easy move here would just be to write about how its super lame, so it does feel significant that multiple critics are all very positive on it. I had only read the IGN review first and it was downright fawning over the film, but others are also positive and less blatantly so. Very weird.

The thing is that this isn't just "extended scenes" - it's pretty much an entirely different movie. Whedon reshot 75% of it.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Then they go ahead and make one of the best superhero films combining comedy and drama in a beautiful package. Then winning an Oscar for it. :lol:

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

It's all because he did something different.

That's it.

He didn't adhere to the way it was done before.

He didn't suck Donner's dick.

He did his own thing for the most part. And people decided it was a bridge too far. That nothing made sense. That it was wrong.

When REALLY it all works and people are just being whiny loving babies.

E: This is what you get when you adhere to the comics (excl Hawkeye - they didnt have the guts to make that costume)

Vintersorg fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Mar 16, 2021

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

RBA Starblade posted:

That quote reminds me of game modders compared to professionals

Just recently a fan found a bug fix to make GTA 5 load way faster - 8 years after release and Rockstar was like, oh we should put that in.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Neurolimal posted:

IDK, feel like this is just that classic DC fan sensitivity at play.

What a classic eh bro??? Classic DC weenies!!

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Oh my god. :lol:
Frame that post.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Even Snyder was like go watch now! lol

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

JL re: Steppenwolf He gets so much screentime and is fleshed out to the max. It's incredible. He's honestly one of my favorite parts of the entire thing. Ciaran Hinds knocks it out the park.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

*insert joker laugh here*

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

^^ The only thing Snyder has to learn from Avengers films is what NOT to do. Consequence free quip fests with some of the shittiest action scenes with zero weight.

fart simpson posted:

firstly: lol.

secondly: if you were looking to cut stuff, which you should be because its freakin 4 hours long, you would start with the dream sequence in the epilogue featuring characters who arent even present in the rest of the film at all

It's just extra credits scenes all stitched together. Instead of an article describing the one he couldn't include Snyder just threw em all in.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

fart simpson posted:

are you talking about the movie or the epilogue?

:yayclod:

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

fart simpson posted:

alita was incredibly mediocre

Nah.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

hey serious poster fart simpson - do you also think Zack Snyder just stumbles into his action scenes by accident and hopes for the best? and that it's just blind luck he develops interesting characters and shots?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

fart simpson posted:

apparently if you have the right brain worms then yes it does as evidenced by posters in this thread

it does add character development yes. for example in the original steppenwolf is generic bad guy who just loves to be evil. now he’s been elevated to generic henchman who wants to impress his generic bad guy boss who just loves to be evil

gently caress off with the brain worms poo poo and equating liking this movie to having a mental disorder. Either come here to discuss things or get the gently caress outta here you parasite.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

https://twitter.com/meepimaud/status/1372495713599381515

https://twitter.com/meepimaud/status/1372506712557633536?s=21

Nice little story. :unsmith:

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

hiddenriverninja posted:

Has anyone gone through the soundtrack yet? I'm trying to find the song that plays during The Flash Rewind

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQZ5_3s4ltU

This movie is reigniting some careers. It's wholesome AF.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Zaphod42 posted:

lol okay that owns

Count me as another person who didn't even notice Lighthouse was 4:3, I guess because it was Black & White I just accepted it.

It's fun aspect ratio to play in. Wes Anderson uses it masterfully.

Grand Budapest from 2013:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Fg5iWmQjwk

French Dispatch which was supposed to come out last year but is right now delayed to late 2021 plays around with it too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKaCY-gm1h4