Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

ImpAtom posted:

Could the same not be said of every role Chris Pratt has?

I dunno, he works pretty well in his bit role as the rear end in a top hat cop in Jennifer’s Body

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Look at it this way: it’s clearly a very small role, and it probably clears one of his contractually obligated appearances so they can move onto a new guy to be Joker sooner. Like I wouldn’t be surprised if it turns out that it just lets Zack explain what exactly happened to Robin, explain why some people aren’t affected by the Anti-Life equation when even Superman is under it’s spell, and send Batman off to do something.

I do wonder if Cyborg’s in the background because he’s the character witnessing all of this going down in some self-projection stuff like what was in those original, pre-Whedon trailers where he’s walking around in his college clothes or if he’s actually in this future.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

One of the most beloved movies of the last thirty years has prison rape as a major plot point in the first half.

“I’d like to say Andy fought the good fight, and the Sisters let him be. I wish I could tell you that. But prison is no fairy-tale world. He never said who did it, but we all knew.”

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

The simplest trick, one that too many people seem unable to follow, is when you get caught being horrible, you just shut the gently caress up and let people forget about it. Miller, Gadot, Leto all seem to have that sort of basic understanding, or at least have people who have told them to keep their mouths shut and let time wipe things away.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Roman posted:

Sounds like script for the Tim Burton Superman movie. Which you can't even blame Kevin Smith for writing because Joel Silver came up with and insisted on all the stupid ideas. Like you could never see Superman flying, he HAD to fight polar bears for some reason, etc. etc.

Jon Peters. Joel Silver is a guy who tends to go to bat for his creatives, sometimes to the detriment of the movie. Jon Peters is the guy who basically got to the top of Hollywood through dumb luck and nearly destroyed a studio before just loving off and counting the free money he would get from Batman movies being made.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Yeah, because Disney didn’t want to put it out thanks to the controversy it had raised, the Weinsteins bought the movie out and took it to Lionsgate to get it released instead of under Miramax as intended. I think Smith considers it something of a lost movie at this point.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

It’s been weeks and I’m still kinda giddy over how Ray Fisher screams “BARRRRRRRRYYYY!” as the unity happens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Not sure how good bringing more boxes to a fight after a crew just showed you that they can (seemingly) easily stop them would be.

Also Darkseid probably just wants to fight a Kryptonian