Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I got my physical Ironsworn but not my cards yet, hmm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

doctorfrog posted:

Dice and a notebook. The physicality of the objects and being away from a screen are part of why I play a solo RPG.

Except I have the bad habit of typing up a "final" version which slows everything down considerably, but I like feeling like I'm working in a novel too much to stop.

Maybe try dictating the final version? You can go back and transcribe it later (or let a computer do it) if you want, but it might let you feel that you’ve captured it and feel better to move on. Maybe?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

:justpost:

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

girl dick energy posted:

It's a persistent world, with both the layouts of specific dungeons and the geography of the overworld being established over time by multiple characters. There's also going to be a 'debriefing' of sorts after a character dies, with the player determining, partially via rolling on tables and partially by choice, how the world has changed because of their actions.

Also laughing at my own stupid jokes that I forgot I made...

this is good poo poo, please keep posting about it!

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

feverish and oversexed posted:

Do I have enough empty journals??

I don’t know much, but I know this: no.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Siivola posted:

Buy a pack of tiny Field Notes or similar.

Sure sure this is a good idea and I’ll do that (again).

But…what about pens?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

uh, yes

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Oh poo poo, I thought this was the Ironsworn Delve. I gotta pick this up to read at least.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

girl dick energy posted:

It's currently $7 on Itch.io, but it's also been in a ton of charity bundles, so if you did any of those, check there first.

Yep, solid.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

HopperUK posted:

Honestly just use an online RNG to generate a number between 2 and 40 if you don't care about probability curves. But then you don't get to roll dice and why else did we all buy all these loving dice?

Because otherwise we wouldn’t own the dice, friend.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

It was also in the Trans Rights for Texas bundle from a while ago.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Antifreeze Head posted:

Zona Alfa is a skirmish wargame which fits the theme of what you want. Tack on the Kontraband expansion and you'll probably have all you'll need.

Would you also want the free PDF about solo/co-op rules, or does Kontraband supersede that?

https://www.ospreypublishing.com/us/osprey-blog/2020/zona-alfa-salvage-and-survival-in-the-exclusion-zone-solo-and-cooperative-rules/

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I’m still on the fence about the TYOV print version too, man. So tempting.

Maybe if I’m a really good boy and don’t buy any more Steam games this weekend…

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

That looks fantastic, thanks for the link!