Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

aldantefax posted:

I don't think it's impossible. However, if your concern is to model interactions with "the group", there ought be a delineation between the "in character" and "out of character" group. You could absolutely have a solo RPG where you are attempting to go through it and it is being influenced through the mechanics on a meta level and a narrative level. An example would be, your character is your classic party leader, and must cat herd a player type who is somewhat distracted all the time, but their character is a powerful wazzard. Perhaps there can be something there where you get mad at the player and try to smooth that out, which means you're managing meta social relationships out of the game as well as inside of the game?
Man I would play the hell out of a well made game where I'm trying to wrassle a party of That Players over a campaign. Something like Danger Patrol's act structure where you a "play a session" act lasts for ~15 minutes, which feeds into the "group drama" act, which feeds into the next "play a session" act etc.

Bonus option: You also draw a That Player card that you don't find out what it is until halfway through that recontextualises a bunch of stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU