Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ahobday
Apr 19, 2007

I'm interested in a specific type of solo-first RPG. Here are the ones I've found so far:

Four Against Darkness
D100 Dungeon
2d6 Dungeon
Micro Chapbook RPG
NoteQuest
Twelve Years (which includes hex crawling as well)
Ker Nethalas
Dungeon Blitz Books (these seem to be one-off adventures, but they fit the criteria otherwise)
Beneath the Dungeon Floor!
Dark Fort
Basilisk

As far as I can tell, in all of these you roll dice to decide outcomes (stats, gear, dungeon rooms, enemies, combat, loot, etc.) and don't make any broad decisions yourself. The game doesn't rely on narrative or role playing, except to decide which room to enter next or whether you'll attempt e.g. to pick a lock.

They're also all dungeon crawls.

Does anyone know of any other games that fit this description, but that aren't full boxed board games?

ahobday fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Mar 27, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ahobday
Apr 19, 2007

I'm watching a play-through on YouTube and you're right, I think this fits. I've come across it before, but for some reason didn't make a note of it. Maybe the horror/survival theme turned me away the first time.

ahobday
Apr 19, 2007

DRINK ME posted:

One deck dungeon: I know you said no “full boxed board game” which it is, but it’s also available in app form (iOS, android, pc) and as free print-and-play.

I haven’t done pnp as I bought the box (and the app before that) so I can’t comment on it specifically - fair warning it takes a lot of dice.

One Deck Dungeon and Tiny Epic Dungeons were what got me into the idea of solo dungeon-crawling in the first place.

I've played it a few times. It's an interesting approach, since a lot of the player choice comes down to where you put dice on the encounter cards so you can manage your resources well. A slightly different spin on the concept.

ahobday
Apr 19, 2007

I've started to design my own solo pen-and-paper dungeon crawlers (e.g. Four Against Darkness, D100 Dungeon, 2D6 Dungeon).

I plan for them to be free. I post them on itch.io, but is there some other way I should promote them?