Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

I know Frostgrave has solo campaign books that mysteriously got very popular last year for I'm sure is not some common world wide explanation. Fantasy based skirmish where you as a spellcaster lead a party of adventures into ruins to find loot an d kill things. I have not played it, but I'm hoping to hear from someone who has.

PROGRAMMED WARGAME SCENARIOS FOR SOLO & MULTIPLAYER GAMES: 2nd edition by Charles Grant. A solo wargame CYOA. I have it, but need to finish my army before I can use it. it gives 18 scenarios and 2 campaigns where a RED and BLUE force face off. There are suggested army lists for Ancient, Black Powder and Modern armies. You pick a side and then read the CYOA text block for what happens. It gives rules for random or hidden (where you don't know the terrain when you pick your army) maps and army lists and the "AI" acts on dice rolls or what the player does. You can in theory act as the umpire and watch the AI sort of play itself.

I think this is going to work best to give me a basis to write my own battle reports, but also try out different army lists (which I'll need to modify to have a FOGN army).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Has anyone had any experience in Rangers of Shadow Deep.

From what I've read, it's Frostgrave the solo or co-op game. A ranger hero and some minons go off on pre-written adventures. You make your ranger, add some assistance and go explore a 3x3 size tabletop with terrain and buildings. Using a D20 and a deck of cards for events, your ranger gains experience and items.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
I feel I missed this earlier, but how does Ironsworn work and how do you play it with 2 players?

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

SkyeAuroline posted:

There was some discussion in the industry thread. It's like this on the inside.

Is that a ...joke? A book of redacted text? Or are you supposed to fill in yourself?