Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

I really enjoyed Kestral's AP of Ironsworn here if you want to see the system in action a bit: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3928109

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

If I wanted to try and run myself solo through some old published D&D modules or some OSR stuff, what would be a good solo system to use for it? I've seen some recommendations for Scarlet Heroes but all the AP stuff I've found for it so far has been randomly generating a dungeon/adventure rather than adapting it for use with a published module so that hasn't given me a great idea of what that experience would actually be like.

I imagine there'd be a knack to reading enough of a room description to quickly flesh out a map but not read so much that you spoil the twists and traps in a room for yourself and colour your interactions with foreknowledge.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Adding a +1 to 'thanks for the writeup, Drone'. I'd been curious about the Strider rules since I saw they were out but have no clue when I'm going to have time to play it myself and dig your character concept so looking forward to where it goes from here.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

SkyeAuroline posted:

After the stunt with the TYOV companion volume, my trust in Hutchings is pretty well gone, but I'm interested to see people's thoughts on this once they actually get into it.

What do you mean by 'stunt' with the TYOV companion volume? I get that some people pre-ordered it and were disappointed at what they received but I thought Tim's comments when he was announcing it made it pretty explicit you were getting an art piece and not any sort of game or functional object.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

sasha_d3ath posted:

1,000 Year Old Football Gag

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Captain_Person posted:

Picked this up the other day, it's got a lot I'm excited to check out. Any particular recommendations?

Fox Curio's Floating Bookshop is quite good.