Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BONESAWWWWWW
Dec 23, 2009

I tried Ironsworn last night and it got out of hand way too fast.

I was trying to start with something simple, just to get going - getting a healing plant for someone who was dying. My rolls were... Not favorable. I ended losing a fight to a single wolf, who took one of my assets. Then I went to three villages trying to find information, the last one being haunted, then I ran away from some spooky creature and fell in a ravine. All my supplies have also disappeared along the way. I'm screwed.

I took a break after that. Maybe it's my inexperience, but how do you keep things from escalating like this? The other time I tried a solo game using Mythic I got myself thrown in jail in my first town pretty quick. I guess I made progress this time, at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BONESAWWWWWW
Dec 23, 2009

I have a cheap (laser) Brother that's at least ten years old and it still works fine. I switched to third party toner and now it's pretty cheap to run - not that it even gets used that often.
PDFs are handy but for things I want to commit to I typically just print out all the pages and toss them in a three-ring binder. It has the added bonus of being able to take out individual sheets for any arrangement you may need at the time.