Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011

Majin posted:

Perhaps gamebooks are what I’m talking about. Are they discussed in this thread as well? If so, are there any major ones I should look into first? (Like the already mentioned Fighting Fantasy?)

Yeah, you want gamebooks. There are a lot of them, but everyone thinks of Fighting Fantasy first because it’s one of the oldest series and there’s a lot of them. One of the authors, Steve Jackson, did a series called Sorcery that retains your character through the books, and everyone says it’s good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011

girl dick energy posted:

I still have a lot of nostalgia for Lone Wolf's frequent jank and occasionally batshit writing.

You can still play them online, if you want to give some classic 80s RPG nonsense a go, from the days when people played Talisman for fun.

This is great, thanks! I taught Talisman at a few conventions when FFG released their edition a while ago and I still distinctly recall some people learning 3rd ed and yearning for the old days of 1st ed, lol. I love some RNG jank more than most, but woof that game sometimes.